Chapter Seventy Three - Clean Up

“You can nest again, baby.” Namjoon said with a smile.

“Really?” Jungkook asked, sitting up in Jin’s arms, his eyes wide open and a bunny smile already forming happily on his face. He was already trying to get out of Jin’s arms so that he could get to the nest room and make it absolutely perfect for them all.

“Settle.” Jin said gently as he put Jungkook down so he didn’t fall but kept his arms around Jungkook so he didn’t run away from them just yet.

Jungkook whined a little bit, he wanted to go to the nest room, he didn’t want to wait or do anything other than that. He wanted to get everything soft and fluffy in the house and make them the cosiest and safest nest in the world that they would never ever leave.

“Wait, Kookie, we need to clean the house first. Pause a second to take in the scents around you, the Park nest’s scent is still very much in this house and if you go in the nest room now you’ll end off taking their scent in with you.” Namjoon said, feeling bad about the fact that it wasn’t the first thing he said.

Jungkook growled a little as he did as Namjoon said and took in the scents around him. All around was the Park nest’s scent and it was very strong and when he thought of that scent being on their nest he was not happy with it at all. His instincts were extremely against that scent getting anywhere near something so precious and sacred to their pack.

“It’s okay, Kookie, we’ll get rid of the scent and then you can build the nest. We have all night, by the time the sun rises I promise you we will be in the nest you built and there will only be our scents in here.” Yoongi said as he walked over to Jin and Jungkook and gently pulled the nestling into his own arms. “We should have waited to mention the nest, I’m sorry.” Yoongi said, knowing he would have mentioned the nest as well if it hadn’t been for Namjoon mentioning it just a few seconds before he was going to.

“Promise?” Jungkook asked as he looked up at Yoongi with a small whimper. He wanted the safety and security the room offered so badly right now, it was all he could think of. As much as he had wanted the Park nest to stay just a few seconds ago, all he could now think of was getting rid of the invading scent and it made the rational part of him feel so guilty that he wanted no trace of them in the house but he also couldn’t help but want only his mates’ scents around him.

“I promise.” Yoongi said, “How about you help me with washing all the bed sheets and we can prioritise the ones you can to have in the nest to make sure they’re fully, clean and dry?” Yoongi suggested, hoping that it would help Jungkook’s instincts to settle if he was able to use the cleaning as a way to plan his nest.

“Okay.” Jungkook said with a small nod of his head.

Yoongi smiled and took Jungkook’s hand, leading him up the stairs to the bedroom so they could start stripping all the best and making their supply list.

“I’m sorry, I really didn’t think that through at all. I shouldn’t have mentioned it.” Namjoon said as soon as Yoongi and Jungkook were far enough away for Jungkook to not be able to hear him. “That was so stupid of me.” He said, guilt eating him up inside.

“You don’t have to apologise at all, Namjoon, I was going to mention it too.” Jin said as he pulled his mind reading mate into his arms, “I think we all just forget how young a vampire he is sometimes. He’s already been through so much with us and he tries so hard to be okay that it’s hard to remember he’s only been a vampire for three months, not even that if you want to be specific. Plus we’ve not been able to give him what nestlings need so it is only natural that we want to offer him anything and everything he wants.” Jin said, “Don’t feel bad about trying to make him as happy as possible.” He told Namjoon but that message was also for all of his mates, “Regardless of what it is he wants, if we can give him it and it does not endanger any of us we give him it.”