Chapter Thirty Nine - Steps

"What took you two so long?" Hoseok asked as he finally saw his youngest mates join the rest of the group who had been waiting for at least ten minutes to start the new round of hide and seek.

"Sorry, we lost track of time." Tae said as he kept Jungkook close to him. He wasn't really sorry and everyone knew that. It wasn't in a rude way though. He wasn't sorry because he was helping Jungkook and helping one of his mates in any way that they may need help was far more important than anything else, such as a game of hide and seek.

"Don't apologise if you don't mean it." Yoongi said with a small shake of his head as he took Jungkook from Taehyung, noticing the small bite mark on their mate's neck, "Are you okay?" He whispered in Jungkook's ear. He knew Tae wouldn't have hurt him as Tae knew what he was doing but he knew it was a bit of a shock to the system when someone was bit by their mate for the first time.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Jungkook said with a smile as he cuddled into Yoongi. At this point in his life he was used to just being passed around between his mates all the time and he didn't mind it at all, he was happy just to cuddle into whoever he was next to at the time. He only minded when people moved him when he was sleeping or if he wanted to be with one of them for a reason. Like yesterday night when he was with Namjoon and Yoongi, he wouldn't have been all that happy had Jin, Jimin, Hoseok or Taehyung taken him from them because he needed them at the time and wanted their comfort. It wasn't a preference thing in any way, he loved them all equally but sometimes you just need a specific person.

"Can I join in?" Namjoon asked as he walked into the room with a dimple smile on his face.

"Of course Hyung." Taehyung said with a smile as he walked over to him and wrapped his arms around Namjoon, cuddling into him.

"Are Jimin and Jin going to join us as well?" Jungkook asked. He assumed that if Namjoon was here that all the cleaning up was done so Jimin and Jin would come and play with them as well.

"Sorry Kookie but they...um...busy." Namjoon said. He wasn't lying but there was something he wasn't telling Jungkook which he found awkward to do because always shared everything with his mates and always told the truth to his mates so he really wasn't used to it. "I'm sure they'll join us as soon as they're done." Namjoon told him.

"Okay." Jungkook said a little confused as to why Namjoons seemed uncomfortable with answering him. Normally Namjoon just told him if something was up or would say clearly that he couldn't tell him. He shrugged it off though as he knew if Namjoon wasn't telling him something it was for a valid reason and he accepted that.

"Right, who wants Namjoon on their team?" Hoseok asked everyone.

"Me and Kookie." Tae said as he held onto Namjoon tighter with a bright smile.

"No, we should change up the teams because Namjoon can't be on either." Yoongi said. "He can know where people are using their thoughts so he and Hoseok should be on the same team and I should join someone else." Yoongi said.

"Will you be on our team?" Jungkook asked as he looked up at Yoongi, he wanted to be with as many of his mates as possible and if Yoongi hid with people from the Park nest he would end off stinking of them and that was the last thing that Jungkook wanted.

"If that would make you happy then yes." Yoongi agreed as he kissed the top of Jungkook's head.

"Yeah, I want that." Jungkook said with a smile.

"So then if the teams are sorted shall we start the next round?" Jin-Woo asked with a smile.

"Yeah, who's on?" Taehyung asked since he and Jungkook hadn't been there when that was probably mentioned before.