Chapter 1: First Day - New Encounters

"Hit the lights let's go
모두의 Party Party Party 맘마미아
오늘 밤의 밤의 밤의 시작이야(이야)
맘마미아(미아) 이렇게~불을 밝혀줘!

La-ppa-ppa-ri la-ppa-ppa-ri lom (hoo!)

시작해~ it's time to be ok"

"Dancing at seven in the morning?" Melissa said chuckling at the view of her sister still in casual pajama.

"Yes!" Melanie expressed in the middle of her Korean gibberish. For someone who has been a fan of popular Korean songs for so long, memorizing these lyrics was not her strength yet. She continued moving her body left to right in front of her all-white dresser, enjoying her own reflection in the mirror.

"Me too!" she joined dancing on her side. The both of them went insane on a simple summer song. Too excited Melissa stopped to grasp some air, "Okay, I need to go now."

"Bye!"

After that, Melanie took a warm shower and returned in her room. "What should I wear today?" she told herself while fixing her clothes. Her plum-colored bedroom was of a good size, but a tiny wardrobe was unfair.

"Hm, Melissa wore pink so why not?" she said as she took out a long pink tee-shirt and jeans shorts showing her sculpted legs. She had worked hard to have that body, so she needed to show it to the world. Her medium length hair made a wave until it touched her shoulders. Perfect, she sprayed with her cocoa body fragrance on herself with discretion.

Now leaving her modern semi-detached home, few kids walked to the various bus stop of the district. The lucky ones had their parents to drive them to school before heading to work. The sky deep sapphire encouraged the golden rays of the sun to burn the satiny light chocolate skin of her. After two minutes of walk, a bead of sweat drips down her neck.

She frowned and mumbled, "I should have worn a snapback or something else. I'll end up with a headache this afternoon..."

Foreigners still believed Canadians summers were cold at this end of August despite the air being so thick with moisture and humidity. Melanie contemplated the unmoving greenery of the maple trees and no breeze visible. Discouraged, she had to wait for the next season to arrive. In Fall, the trees were even more mesmerizing with their warm colors explaining the reason she loved it the most.

Arrived at the bus stop, her sensitive nostrils tried to endure the undesirable odor of the young diversity in front her, standing in line. When their transport came, the youngsters vanished from the place. Now breathing better she wished it was not this humid today. She found a seat inside the bus shelter and wait for the city bus.

To her opposite a young-looking man around her age held a white folded walking stick. Calm, he looked expressionless. Dark chocolate eyes embraced by large crescent-shaped hooded lids gave a hypnotizing depth to them. His eyes wandered sparkling with life to whoever looked at them, yet they didn't look back.

The natural light complexion and smooth like baby skin would make every girl jealous of him. A few black beauty spots designed his skin, here and there. Wearing a simple white shirt with light ripped jeans on and Timberlands; he followed the fashion trends with ease.

He moved his head to the vibrations coming from his surroundings. Melanie smiled at his discreet demeanor as her eyes stayed on him. Somewhat, she found him adorable in his every motion. His face stopped toward Melanie's direction.