Chapter 80: A Step Forward

"Let me do it," Hoyoung told JB as he took the pliers in his hand to grill the meat for them. "You two should start eating."

JB pulled his chair closer to the table while still watching his father getting busy with the pork. Youngjae was already taking his chopsticks, ready to attack his stir-fried potato noodles but before he could do so, he glanced at Hoyoung and said, "Jal meokgaesseumnida (I'll eat well)"

"Jal meokgaesseumnida," JB followed his brother.

Hoyoung hummed. "Maani deuseyo (eat a lot)," he answered with a gentle smile; the smile of a proud father. It touched his heart so deep than a thin layer of emotion filled his eyes. He remained focused on the meat, avoiding any stares from his children.

When the meat was finally ready, he cut some slices and put them in Youngjae's plate first, then JB's.

"Mmm, mashisseoyo! (it's delicious!)," Youngjae commented with his mouth full.

"Ah, geuraeyo? (Ah, really?) That's good then," Hoyoung said. "Thank your brother for bringing us here." 

JB took them to the Cinq Milles ans restaurant, which served Japanese and Korean meals. It was situated somewhere on the Saint-Denis, a popular street known for its large choices of cuisine diversity.

"Thanks, hyung!" Youngjae giggled.

The silence slowly became the same as when they were in the car earlier. No one would talk; only their mouths moved.

"Ah, this atmosphere," Hoyoung said a bit timidly, "I should have brought Joon with me."

JB tilted his head. "Joon... Park Joon Hyung? From g.o.d.?"

"Nae! (Yes!) He came all the way to Canada with me."

"Wow," Youngjae expressed, so amazed that his food almost fell out from his mouth.

"You guys should meet him soon before we go back. He's a friendly one."

They went on eating their food, only the sound their chewing mouths could be heard. Hoyoung put his chopsticks down and stared at each of his sons. They caught his eyes at last and smiled at them as he put his hands together.

"You most already know that I know almost everything about you. Almost," he paused momentarily before continuing, "I'm sure you have a ton of questions for me... So don't be shy. Ask me anything you wanna know." His eyebrows raised up in expectation.

JB and Youngjae glanced at each other for a while wondering where to begin first.

"What kind of question do you want?" Youngjae asked.

"Anything. And if you don't have questions, well, it could be your emotions. You can share them with me. We can also clear out misunderstandings if there are."

Youngjae cleared out his throat while making a movement of back and forth as he wiped his moist hands on his lap.

"You being our father feels a bit unreal," he let out a fainted giggle." Um... I'm a g.o.d. fan and know almost all your songs." 

"It's nice to hear." Hoyoung smiled slightly, remaining calm.

"Since you've been an artist for many years," Youngjae continued, "gained fame and recognition in Korea, have you ever been approached by other women?"

JB nudged him hard. This last one gave him an innocent look, simply shrugging.

"You wanna know if–"

"Have you ever cheated in my mother's back?" He finished. 

JB turned to stone. He never thought of that one and was now curious about the answer. However he felt bad to know; everyone had their own little secrets, celebrities even more but you still wanted to know them.