Chapter 77: Company

"You should take a break," Melanie said as she watched JB b-boying on that song from Anderson Paak, 'Come down.'

After dancing and fooling to one of their songs they learned together, Melanie got tired and sat down on the floor, against the mirror. She watched JB who was still dancing. She recorded few videos of him already. He wouldn't stop just yet.

As he did a hand spin, he suddenly fell, hitting his back once again. His face was hidden by his long black hair. Embarrassed, he only chuckled.

"I think it's enough," Melanie told him with a forced laugh but in reality, she was concerned. It was at least the fourth time he fell like this and she didn't like it. She found it funny at first, him saying 'goodnight' or 'bye' everytime but she didn't want for him to be too careless. "You keep hurting your back on the floor," she added.

JB finally rolled over, facing the ceiling.

"My back is going strong since childhood days. Don't worry about it."

"You should be careful, though."

"I'm not hurt, I'm okay."

"It doesn't hurt you now but you're damaging your back in doing so. And, one day, you won't be able to move so much it'll be painful, and you'll find yourself in a hospital bed."

"It already happened but I'm here now."

"What? Then why-You're fucked up!"

JB sat up and glanced at her. He simply smiled at her concern for his health. He stood up as the next song, 'Company' by Justin Bieber, played on. He started dancing again, doing smoother moves, in his funny self.

 He started dancing again, doing smoother moves, in his funny self

Melanie snorted. "Are you trying to be sexy? It's about being each other's company."

She chuckled at his behavior

She chuckled at his behavior. "Cute."

JB showed his pearly whites as he went to sit next to her. He swallowed down some water from his plastic bottle and wiped off the sweat from his face. Then, they naturally started chatting about everything that passed through their minds.