Chapter 45: A Growing Friendship

Melanie waved bye to Papa Tuan after she thanked him for saving her life twice today. She turned on her heels and scurried to Junior who waited for her with such tranquility and patience.

"Hey," she broke the silence with a simple glow.

"Hey," he replied back while standing up.

"You must be cold. Let's go inside."

Junior followed her behind and they both entered. They took off their shoes and jackets.

"Hi mommy," Melanie said as soon as she saw her mom.

"Where were you?" Rose-Mary asked as she scanned her daughter from head to toe. She noticed the black dress she wore. Then, her eyes laid on Junior who appeared behind Melanie.

"Hi," he greeted with a light yet gentle smirk.

"Oh, hi! How are you?" Melanie's mom waved at him. She remembered him at the hospital when Melanie had her accident. He was the one who comforted her when she almost collapsed to the floor, shocked by the state of Melanie.

"I'm fine, thank you. And, you?"

"I'm doing great!"

Melanie's eyes open wide with a surprised but satisfied smile. Her mom's thoughts must have changed since her accident; seeing all those male friends coming to her daughter's hospital bed and caring for her. 

"Good!" Melanie answered. "Junior attended a wedding today with Jaebeom. You remember Jaebeom, mom?" Her mom seemed to take too long to remember. The blank expression of Rose-Mary indicated Melanie to forget about it and continue her short story." Whatever! He needed my help for something, that's why I'm dressed like this."

"Ah, okay." Her mother then noticed the elegant bouquet she held in her hand but kept her mouth shut.

"Anyway, Melissa's not there?" Melanie looked around to see if she could catch sight of her little sister, but the house was quiet since they came.

"No, she went to the movies." She then pointed Junior. "She went with your little brother, I think?" 

Junior had a questionable look on his face and he glanced at Melanie; she was lost. Junior glanced back at her mom. "I don't have a brother."

"No?" Rose-Mary became doubtful. "He looks like you and he's very skinny with long legs. His name is something like Bombom or Bamboo?"

"Bambam?" He suggested.

"Yes, that's right! That's Bambam!"

Melanie put her hand on her face from embarrassment. Seriously, Bamboo? Junior tried to control his laughter.

"Okay, mom we'll be in my room," Melanie told her and she vanished from her sight with Junior following her. Once in her room, she closed the door behind her. 

Finally, Junior released the laugh he desperately hid behind his hand. Melanie grinned from ear-to-ear. She shook her head still amused. "She's a bit lost sometimes, ridiculously lost." 

When they came back in a normal state, Melanie thought about what her sister was exaclty doing. "Bambam and my sister went out together? I hope that's not a date."

She put away her bouquet flower she still got in her hands.

Texting...

Mel: You're with Bambam right now? Don't tell me it's a date? -_^