Chapter 63: Friends Sweet Friends

The short journey to Toronto finally ended when the guys arrived safely in their neighborhood after a 4-hour long quiet drive. Lionel first stop was in front of Junior's place where he slowly parked the car. He helped him take his stuff out and gave him a friendly hug.

"Thank you so much, Lionel."

"This was my pleasure. It was nice meeting you."

"Then, I'll go." Junior glimpsed inside the car one last time. "See you later guys. Text me when you both arrive home," he told them. 

JB got off the car. "Junior, wait."

"I'll wait inside the car," Lionel said leaving them alone.

JB put his hands in his jacket and threw Junior a serious look. "You didn't talk to me during all the drive. I did something wrong?"

Junior sighed. "Sometimes I would like someone to take care of me too, or just watching my back. Forget this. Just be more careful and don't do stupid things. You're a JYP trainee now." On this note, he left and entered leaving an even more confused JB behind.

Junior decided to take the stairs to the apartment instead of taking the store entrance. When he unlocked the door, a dark and peaceful atmosphere filled the apartment. The only source of light he noticed was the one coming from his mom's room. The door was slightly opened. He approached it and pushed it a little bit to see his mom sleeping.

"Omma?" He whispered as he tip-toed inside her room. He walked closer and when he saw her face he couldn't help but caressing it gently. "You look so pale. Have you worked too much? I'm sorry." After a moment of contemplating the tired traits of his mom's face, he bent down to give her a kiss on the forehead. 

"Jinyoung-ah, you came back?" Jiyoung muttered.

Junior turned back and smiled. "Hm, Omma. You can sleep in peace now." The moment he said that she closed her eyes with a smile and fell back to sleep. Her son turned the light off, closed the door and ran downstairs to the store.

He watched the scene in front of him; Bambam worked on the cashier while his grandmother did the inventory, and Yugyeom cleaned the cold fridges and filled them again after. Everything seemed to be in perfect order. He felt grateful to them.

"Ohhh! You came back!" Bambam shouted when he noticed Junior standing still on the stairs.

Junior walked down like a prince, chest out and shoulders up. "Yup! Did you miss me?"  

"Not at all," Yugyeom replied and laughed when Junior gave him a hurting look. "I'm joking! I'm joking!" 

"My Jinyoungie." His grandmother grabbed his arms and scanned him from head to toe. "How was the trip? Did you eat well?" 

"Of course, halmeoni. What about you?"

"Well, your two prodigies right here took care of me and your mom like real men. They also ran the store well, along with Youngjae." When Nayoung mentioned them, both Bambam and Yugeyom felt proud of them.

"Are we going to have a pay increase?" Bambam joked but Yugyeom urged to hush him as it was disrespectful. "Ah, I'm sorry," he said while scratching the back of his neck. 

"If you guys want, we're going to a meat restaurant tonight. We can buy you meat, it's on us."

"Of course, that's better than money!"

Meanwhile, Lionel already drove JB to his home and then left Jackson at Mark's home. Since they planned to go out soon together and Jackson lived the farthest from the gang, it was better for him to stay at Mark's place for now.