Chapter 26: Face-Off

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you. Hooray!!!

Jinyoung made his precious wish before blowing his candles on his 21st birthday cake. Decorations all over the place and music playing in the backgroung, the dance studio was a good place for these friends to reunite for special events.

Jr struggled to cut himself some cake, saying "Ya, what's wrong with this cake?". JB and Jackson had a hard time holding their laughter, while Melanie was just expressionless. When he finally cut it, the inside of the cake looked like...craft foam. It was actually a round craft foam decorated with cake frosting and sprinkles, etc. Both JB and Jackson guffawed, seeing Jr's face and the cake.

Melanie only chuckled; she felt a bit uneasy meeting JB again even if she was happy inside too see him again. Mark's absence annoyed her even more; he said he was sick, but she knew that wasn't the real reason.

"It was Mark idea!!" Jackson screamed out when Jinyoung was about to throw the cake to them.

"You know this guy like to play tricks on people sometimes." JB confirmed, and he then added, "I wonder why he didn't show up? Even sick he wouldn't miss that." he questionned himself, still perplexed. He then gazed at Melanie, but she avoided his eye contact. JB put on a fake smile trying to not take their awkward situation too seriously.

"Thruthfully, it feels a little empty without him. Let's go see him!" Jr shouted and said more seriously, "He owe me a real cake. He needs to get punch."

Jackson just chortled at his statement and joined, "Let's goooo!!!"

Melanie felt uncomfortable thinking it wasn't a good idea, afraid to see him again. She didn't know how her whole body would react when she will face him again.

They left the dance studio and headed to Mark's house. They decided to walk, taking their time. Melanie kept quiet, she would only talk when they asked her questions, if not, she wouldn't join the conversation at all. JB felt something was going on with her, he thought she was just tired.

Jr reached the door first and clicked on the doorbell. They waited few seconds until a expressionless, pale Mark opened the door widely. He looked so fragile, maybe he was really sick. Melanie immediately put her hand on her chest cause she had palpitations. It felt like all the emotions of that other day suddenly would come back. It was a good thing he couldn't see her because it would have been worst. Don't think she would even have come.

"Hey Mark Tuan Yi-En!" Jr screamed in a mandarin accent, overjoyed to see his friend and went to give him punches all over his body. They quarelled like two little kids.

"Happy birthday Jr!" He let out in a low volume.

"Ya! Be careful, he's sick!" Mark suddenly stopped moving when he heard JB's voice coming from outside the house. He slightly nudged Jr to the side, but this one retorted "I'm not finish with you Mark. I need my cake!"

"Wait, I need to do something first." He stepped outside the house and walked towards JB's voice.

"What's up Mark?" he said as he was about to greet him when Mark punched him right in the face, and, he didn't miss it.

"HEY, ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Jackson shouted.

"WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOU?!" Jr shouted while running to them.

While taking few steps back because of the strong punch, JB stumbled on the paving stone surface and quietly groaned as he was in pain. He rubbed is jawbone delicately and glared at Mark with that scary face Melanie had already seen. Melanie, two hands on her mouth, was taken aback by Mark's violent action.