Chapter 84: Nothing Like Us

The days passed quickly, getting closer to the holidays. Hoyoung proceeded to edit and polish the song. The boys were in their last days of exams, at last. JB's family organized their stuff for when they would leave on December 23rd. And, a farewell party was in preparation entirely organized by the boys, however, Melanie wouldn't be able to come, for some reasons. So, JB suggested to hang out together whenever she would be available.

It happened days later, on December 21st. While waiting for her to show up, JB edited the music video; it was a simple video for the confession song they filmed in a random room in Jackson's basement. JB volunteered to do the montage since he acquired skills during his period spent in College.

"Annyeong

"Annyeong."

Alerted by the voice, JB turned back to see Melanie standing at his door. He shut down his screen in surprise.

"Since when are you there?" he asked with shaky eyes.

"I just came up, don't you worry, I haven't seen anything," she said with a smirk.

"What?" JB cocked a brow. "I don't–no, that's not what–"

"Well, every time I appear in your room you hurry to hide your laptop–"

"I don't watch porn," he hurried to say.

Melanie's eyes grew wide while trying to hold her laughter. She raised her shoulders, her mouth opening to say something.

"Well, that's not what I had in mind but," she paused while pinching her lips together to hide a smile.

"No?" JB sounded embarrassed.

She shook her head. "That's great to know," even though a part of his answer could be a lie. "Thanks for the info!" She finally grinned, no longer able to hide her amusement even if it felt a bit awkward. She then clapped once and said, "See you downstairs."

Firstly, they stopped by the convenience store because JB wanted to buy something sweet. When they passed the door, As Junior's mother greeted them with her warm smile. Both JB and Melanie stood on the same spot while staring at her. They tried to return the smile but the pale skin and thin body of Jiyoung made them slightly uncomfortable but what pained them was the sight of her obviously shaved head hidden under a black beanie.

"Hi," they replied with a nod.

JB searched after a drink and chocolate bar leaving Melanie behind for a brief moment. Once he came back and paid, they sent a last greeting to Jiyoung and left. They threw a glance at each other in concern.

"Did Junior tell you?" Melanie muttered as they walked to the bus stop.

JB shook his head. "Last time I saw his mother she seemed alright, but now..." he sighed.

They waited quietly without saying much. The sight of Junior's mother turned their day into bitterness but JB wanted to forget this for today. They needed to put their worries aside so they could fully enjoy their last outing together.