Chapter 85: Sleepover

"Jackson, I'm hungry!" Bambam shouted inside of his ear.

"When is that food coming? I'm dying," Yugyeom added while looking at him.

Jackson glared at them. "I called already, okay? What do you want me to do?" He gave them round eyes, out of impatience at their complaints. Such babies, he thought.

The night before the day JB and Youngjae would leave, the boys gathered at Jackson's house. Mr. and Mrs. Wang remained upstairs leaving the main floor for them. They were in the living room, sitting comfortably on the sofas. They played two games already but as time passed, their hunger made them slightly weak and irritable.

JB eyed the bottles of alcohol displayed on the kitchen counter. He needed a drink but couldn't do it on an empty stomach. Since he came here, he rarely talked, watching the guys quietly. Because of last night with Melanie, he felt sick. When he woke up this morning, his whole face was swollen, barely able to open up his eyes at once. His jaw was clenched tightly, displaying a sullen and aloof expression. And, he couldn't even eat his breakfast and swallow down his lunch.

 Therefore, he grew weaker, skin slightly of a whitish color. Youngjae suggested it would be better for him to rest before tomorrow and that his friends would understand. But, the stubborn person he was, JB refused and ended up coming to spend time with his best friends. Hopefully tonight he would be able to eat something and have some memorable fun.

"I have this." Jackson came back with a huge grocery bag full of chips, chocolate bars, cookies, and candies. "Want some?"

Junior chuckled. "Jackson, we ate some already." He pointed the messy table; they still had some snacks left with sweet drinks at their sides. "We want real food."

"Then wait," he said while throwing the bag in the kitchen and sat down. After that, he glanced up at JB to his right.

Everyone conversed; Youngjae slapping Yugyeom on the chest after he said something dumb and Bambam throwing popcorns at him across the living room. And Junior quietly judging them with his stare then whispering to Mark at times. JB stared at them all without engaging any conversation.

"Are you okay?" Jackson finally asked him but this last one gave him an empty stare.

Bambam who heard said, "he's hungry, that's your fault."

"Ah, really?" Jackson flinched back in his seat as JB intimidated him with his posture.

"JB looks like a mafia boss," Junior commented. JB sat in the middle of them like in a business meeting, dividing the team from two sides.

"Oh, true," someone then acknowledged.

Yugyeom looked away with a timid smile and whispered to himself, "he's scary."

Jackson leaned forward again. "What's going on?"

"He's hungry," Bambam repeated and chuckled discreetly making eye contact with his same age friend.

JB simply shrugged but the others became more concerned, especially Youngjae since he endured that same face all day long as he was with him. Mark noticed how his silence was quite unusual while Junior observed his face for any particular clue.

"That's because you're leaving tomorrow?" He finally said and the entire room became dead waiting for his answer.

JB's eyes shifted to the floor. "I don't know..."

"You can't cry tonight, hyung," Junior told him.

Jackson then stood up and went behind JB's chair. He started massaging his shoulders.