Chapter 20: Like A Drama

The situation I feared the most came to reality; we started to be akward with each other. We were riding the bus together to get back home and we wouldn't say a thing to each other. But, I had to admit, since I've told her I liked her, I felt lighter now. My heart felt more at ease and now I knew what could or could not occur between us. I knew a little more what to expect.

My phone rang. It was Jinyoungie.

"Ne (Yes)"

"Where are you, jigeum? (right now?)"

"I'm coming back home...wae? (why?)"

"Melanie is with you?"

"Ne, keundae wae? (Yes, but why?)"

I heard him sigh over the phone.

"What's wrong?" I asked curious.

"When you comeback, don't go to your house right away. Get off by my store so we can talk."

"Kapchagi...(suddenly...) Is it important?"

"Yes, it is hyung!" Why was he whispering?

Like he didn't want someone to hear him.

"Okay then. See you there."

"Yeah, better."

Whoah...what's wrong with him? He was weird.

Melanie looked at me with an anticipating face, like if I was about to explain it to her.

"It was Jinyoung. Sorry, but I won't be able to walk home with you. He has something to tell me and, it appeared to be important, listening to him."

"Ah, it's alright. Anyways, I have to get ready for tonight's dinner."

"Ah, the dinner at Mark's house." I don't know why, but I didn't really liked that.

"Alright, then. I have to get off here. We'll see tomorrow at the college?"

"Yes."

I stood up and started walking away when she called me one last time, "JB..."

I faced her, but she avoided my eye contact first, looking outside. She had a beautiful side profile. Her cute turned up nose. Her lips: they looked even more tempting to reach. I almost kissed them earlier...

She looked back at me, "What happened today...it's between us right? Please, don't tell anyone else about it." She had that begging expression all over her face.

I grinned a little. It would be our little secret, "Hm. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. Promised."

She nodded and sighed as she felt relieved.

I got off the bus and walked to Jr's convenience store. I greeted Bambam and Yugyeom. They were cute little dongsaengs (brothers). They pointed me the stairs as if they already knew why I came. Jr must have told them I'll come.

Arrived upstairs, I opened the unlocked entrance door, like i'm used to and discovered Jr, chatting on his phone. When he saw me, he stopped chatting and threw me a serious face.

"Where were you?"He said nonchalantly, crossed arms and legs, sat comfortably on the couch.

"Downtown, at the Old Port." I said coolly.

"What the two of you did? Did you tell her your feelings?"

Ohhh, so that's why? He wanted to see my progress with Melanie? That little...but why so serious though. Something smelled fishy here. I can't really tell him what happened, I've promised Melanie. But, he's my great friend and the only one who knows I like her. Not even Mark knows. I don't usually talk about my love life with my friends. The only reason Jr knew, it's because he discovered it himself, and it was too late to hide it from him. I don't like to lie either.