Chapter 83: Birth of GOT7

Classes from the fall semester were officially over. The two weeks remaining before Christmas were only reserved for studying and scheduled final exams. Since JB had no more interest in pursuing a diploma, for now, he simply called it quit. His future was now in JYP's hands. If he ever had to continue school, he planned to do it once in Korea.

Now free from school obligations, he proposed his help to Mark for his exams preparations. As JB read him questions to review the material taught in class, he fell on a mysterious sheet of paper.

"What is that?"

When JB began to read the words, the sheet got snatched away by Mark. This last one felt the piece of paper until his fingers came across three paper clips; a method used to remind him of the content written on it. He threw it somewhere else so his friend wouldn't put his hand on it again.

"What was that?" JB said, "It seemed like a poem or an unfinished love letter."

"It's nothing," Mark replied.

"Let's see–"

"Leave it."

Mark missed his arm; JB succeeded to grab the sheet that fell on the floor and he sat right back on the bed.

'I don't know if I'll see you again,
I'm scared
I have no confidence, should I just go back?

I don't have the courage to say it
I swear to confess
I wanna tell you my feelings
I love you, I really do'

"That's a song," Mark then said.

"Who's song is this? I don't know it."

Mark took some time to reply. He kept biting his lips, searching for something to say. As he left out a deep sigh, he finally admitted, "I wrote it myself."

"Really?" JB looked surprised.

"It meant to be a letter, actually. I planned to give it to Melanie but I just came up with this."

A silence gathered in the room.

"I've seen your video you did for Melanie. Jackson sent it to me."

"You did?" Mark turned red while letting out a sigh. He felt so embarrassed.

"Well, I haven't seen much. I couldn't bring myself to watch all of it." JB held up his laughter.

"You think I'm pathetic?" Mark asked with low shoulders.

His face hardened as he became expressionless. Following the continuous silence that shared both their moment together, Mark felt around with his clumsy fingers trying to take back his books and all his studying stuff. Seeing him like this, JB knew he felt self-conscious especially because of him. They both knew they had feelings for the same girl.

While Mark stood, heading to his desk, JB closed his eyes really hard trying to help him open up about the matter.

"You love her," he said.

Mark stopped doing anything and his face turned to a red color. The word 'love' kept coming these days; such a new and fresh feeling. He took a deep breath before letting out a long sigh. His lips slowly parted to talk but he remained quiet for the first few seconds. He shrugged in defeat.

"I don't know what to do," he replied, "it feels like I'll just mess up everything again."

"Just honestly tell her how you feel," JB commented, almost annoyed to tell him what to do. His feelings were mixed.