Chapter 58: Sorry

Emma was gone. For real. It kept Melanie under a long melancholy as she walked back home. It should be the best day of her life but somehow it wasn't. Someone else sadness wasn't something to be happy about and Melanie felt Emma's despondency.

Only a few steps away from the stairs of her house, she froze for a moment and closed her eyes thinking about her next move. Almost immediately, she turned around and changed her destination.

"Let's go," she whispered as she headed to Mark's house with confidence. The reason? Of course, she wanted him back, especially today being lonely. However, one last thing needed to be arranged before this could happen anytime soon.

When she clicked on the doorbell, she heard briskly footsteps coming behind the door and her heartbeat sped up very fast.

"Oh, hi!" Joey opened up the door with a fresh grin.

Somehow, Melanie felt a bit relieved that Joey appeared.

"Hello," she breathed out. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. Come on in." He ushered her in, shutting the door.

"Mark... Is he here?" As she asked that, she suddenly heard music coming from somewhere. Must be from his room.

"He said he would shower earlier I don't know if he's done already. You can go to his room and see," Joey replied coolly before returning to his doings.

The addicting bass of the music made the walls vibrate as she approached the room. When the lyrics were finally clearer to her ears, her lips slightly curled up to the fact that Mark listened to this song. She wasn't a huge fan of Justin Bieber but his latest songs were more of her style. More mature?

She knocked on the door. "Mark?" she called. No response. He obviously wouldn't hear her little voice over the music that was being played. Or, maybe he was still in the bathroom. She opened up the door slowly and first noticed Coco sleeping on the bed. When she pushed the door widely, Mark popped out on the far left, drying his hair with a towel.

"Hey," she said. Mark suddenly froze hearing a girl's voice. "It's me," she raised her voice.

Mark didn't expect her to come here. He searched the remote control while touching around and lowered the volume of the music. "Hey, you're here."

"Can I come in?"

"O-Of course," Mark's voice quivered a bit. It had been a while since she came here, in his room more specifically.

Melanie shut the door and then rested her back against it. "I see you were enjoying some music."

"Y-Yeah," he stuttered a bit. Being uncomfortable, he continued to dry his hair. He needed to stay busy to relax that thrill inside.

A simple white shirt, black sweatpants and wet hair laying slightly on his eyelashes, Melanie gulped of nervosity. This guy looked so handsome.

"I like this song,"Melanie told him as she listened attentively to the lyrics.

"I like it too. I can relate to it a lot lately." Mark stood in an awkward pose in the middle of his room not knowing what to say. Well, with the song in the background, it was as if it conveyed the perfect words he wanted her to know so she should forgive him for good.

Melanie tilted her head while watching Mark coming her way.

"And which part do you relate to the most?" She asked him.

"I would say all of it but if I really have to choose..." He stepped closer and inclined his head cutely while looking at her direction. "I hope I don't run out of time, could someone call the referee? Cause I just need one more shot at forgiveness."