Chapter 38: Mighty Jaebeom°

"Do you want something to drink, or a snack? I don't know..." JB proposed to Pamela while searching for interesting food in the fridge. He saw strawberries and ate two of them right away, fresh from the fridge.

"Hmm, I'll just take a fruit. Do you have apples? I'm on a diet." Pamela replied.

"A diet?" JB expressed while handing out an apple he rinsed for her under the water. He took out the whole orange juice container for himself to drink.

"Yeah, I need to maintain my great body," she giggled. Another reason explaining how she was not his type at all. JB gave her a fake smile. Who needed to go on a diet with a skinny body like hers? She will just become uglier. He changed the subject, "I'm glad our project is almost finished, I thought I was dying earlier."

He drank juice from the container. Pamela watched him a little disgusted by his behavior but thought he looked sexy with his Adam apple moving up and down. "Yes, I'm also glad it's coming to an end soon, but I'll miss working with you..."

"Hm." he only nodded and went to the pantry to return with a bag of chips Lays.

"Jaebeom..."

"Yes?" he showed a complete apathy while crunching potato chips.

"I would like to invite you to my birthday party this Friday."

"... I can't," he mumbled between his eating, still showing a chic face.

Pamela seemed a little flustered by his straightforward response, "Why not?"

"I have a wedding to attend this weekend. I'll be too tired..."

Sora came back home with Youngjae and his mom. Youngjae looked desperate; the two women gave him a hard day.

"Oh! Hwasseo? (Oh! You came? or You're here?)"

"Nae hyung! (Hyung= a name a boy give to a male older than him.) Youngjae smiled.

Pamela watched Youngjae with curiosity as she found him cute. Youngjae did a gentle bow when he noticed her. He blushed at her beauty.

"Ah! Pamela this is my little cousin Youngjae. Youngjae, this is Pamela."

"Ah, nice to meet you!" she handed out her hand for a shake.

"Nice to meet you," he replied and gazed at JB... "Yeoja chingu? (Girlfriend?)"

JB made a weird a face and responded with "Aniya! Aniya! (No! No!)"

"You two look so alike!" she remarked. "You're sure you're not brothers??" she looked back and forth at them.

"... I wish he was though," JB muttered while stuffing his mouth with food again. Youngjae put his hand in the chips bag to have some while JB glared at him. Youngjae chuckled, "Hehe... Wae wae hyung?! Baegeopa! Haha! (Hehe... What what hyung?! I'm hungry! Haha!)"

"Nae gabange deoleoun soneul neoheo! (You put your dirty hands in my bag!)"

"Oh mian. (Oh sorry.)"

"Gwaenchana! (It's okay!)" JB smiled and patted his back while giving him the chips bag. Youngjae left to the living room to watch TV.

"Ohh, what do we have here?" JB's mom appeared in the kitchen with grocery bags.

"Hi!" Pamela waved with the apple core in her hand. Sora nudged her son at the act and she asked, "Friends?"