Thank You & Future Plans~

This is it: my very first book here on Wattpad is finally finished! At last! It took me almost two years to complete it. All of this first started after I watched a movie, Blind Dating, starring Chris Pine and Anjali Jay as the main characters. Then, many scenarios went through my mind and needed to be developed on paper but I didn't have a clear outline. 

I read few AMBW fanfictions here on Wattpad but never thought about writing one myself until that day. However, I wanted for it to stand out in a unique way. Something we don't see in everyday life. That was when I remembered about the movie I watched and thought: "Hmm, a black girl (not the typical 'strong one' described in most stories) falling in love with a visually impaired Asian boy? Oh?" I had that 'ha ha' moment.

First of all, I did a lot of research about visually impaired people because I wanted my character to be realistic, at the least. I have learned so much, also about things I didn't even know blind people could still do, the services available for them, etc. It was like a new world for me. It became a huge challenge for me because I didn't want to mess up the character I was going to create and offend anyone in any way.

Next, choosing the characters! I don't know why or how but one day Mark just came up in my head as a blind boy and he looked so cute that I thought I had to choose him. Easy, right? Haha! For Meagan Good, I really don't remember how I chose her. I think I looked up black actresses on Google and was searching for someone who seemed sweet, fresh, young at first appearance, and not too tall that could match well with Mark's youth in some way. So, when I saw Meagan's slight smirk with her short hair it seemed to fit my interpretation of the female character I had in mind. 

Now back to the story, I think I wrote the first 10-15 chapters on paper before posting on Wattpad

Now back to the story, I think I wrote the first 10-15 chapters on paper before posting on Wattpad. I was so passionate, I wrote so fast to not forget a single thing that my hand would get cramps lol! I had no 'clear plot', only that that Mark-Meagan love line needed to be created. So, I naturally wrote about the life of a girl studying in College and having to deal with past scars that made her grow as the low self-esteem and not so confident young woman that she is today which affect her social life a lot.

I won't deny it since I had not a fixed outline at first, few things changed during the process of writing that story; erasing or adding new elements here and there. I think it's one of the reasons it took 88 chapters to get to the end of this... Well, it was my first story so I forgive myself.

Another challenge for me was to get better at writing in English because this isn't my first language and I wanted to write with good grammar (which I think until now I'm still lacking BUT got better). 

This story has received by this date almost 50K of reads in two years... What? For real, I never thought it would get this much attention. I don't remember when I got my first 1K reads but I know I have received 5K after 35 chapters. Yep! I started feeling a lot of pressure, somehow. And, people commented more every time I posted a new chapter. This way, I've met new people to talk to and made faithful readers which I have to thank. Because of all of you, I could keep going when I didn't feel like writing anymore. I wished I could write all your names but there are so many of you (and some who are anonymous), I wouldn't want to forget anyone.

I doubted myself a lot you know and thought about deleting the story thousand of times before but I couldn't just stop giving more to people who actually loved the story. Personally, I hated it when authors did that to the stories I loved. Therefore, I pledged to not do the same and go until the very end with all of you. I needed to finish the work I started no matter what.

I know I have made a lot of you cry and felt bad about it (seriously) and afraid the story turned out just too depressing but those things do happen in real life too. There are and will be periods of our life where all will be dark and nothing will seem to work out no matter what we do. Same with that story. However, I wanted to show you that they happen because we need to grow, to change, to take risks so we can become stronger in the future and transform into a better person. We have so much to learn, like Melanie and company. I'm sure you've noticed some positives changes.

I have lost few readers and followers during the time of writing this story but I sincerely wanna thank those who stayed with me until the very end. Whoever and wherever you are thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I'm sending you warm hugs and flying kisses (unless you don't want them).

#mydevotees   

Now, you might (or might not) ask what I'm going to do or when the sequel will be out. First thing first, I'm going to take a break. It will feel weird to not write that book again, though... Well, I will start catching up the books I've left out. I will have time to read your books, yeah!!! After few weeks, I'll start reviewing the story and editing to make it better and maybe work more on the characters so they can be believable, especially Mark as a blind person. I feel like I failed his character as if his disability wasn't representative enough.

The Sequel: The Misconceptions of Us

The book is already on my profile so you can put it in your reading lists or library for further updates. I only published the first teaser. I still don't know when I'll start writing the story but it'll probably be toward the end of this year/start of 2018. I know it's far but in the meantime, during the following months, I'll post some teasers to keep your interest in the story, okay? Deal?

Go check it out after ;)

Other Plans

Like every writer here, I have many stories in store and would like to write something different to challenge me and know myself better as a starting writer. I don't know my own color yet, and what fits me the best so I think this will help a lot. Below is a list of stories on the waiting list...

1. Hazel: A Cinderella Journey* (starring Jasmine Sanders and GOT7 Jinyoung as the main characters)
2. The Dummy Beau* (starring Gregg Sulkin)
3. My Colorful Boy* (starring GOT7 Jackson)
4. My Giant Teddy Bear (starring Monsta X Shownu)
5. La Vie en Bleu (The Life Through Bleu - Bleu/Blue being the name of the character, not the color, if you were asking the translation is right.)
6. Synchronicity (previously entitled 'Twin Flames'. For those who read it, yup I never deleted it, just unpublished. Not sure if I'll continue, though.)

* = sure to be published.

Thank you again for your interest and support throughout the entire story. I have met so many great people. I hope to see you all in the sequel or other stories and have some fun again!

Malory Belle xox