Chapter 42: Wedding Day [pt.2]

The reception was going well. The awe-inspiring ballroom lined with white columns, accenting the gilded ceiling with a magnificent crystal chandelier centerpiece. It had this French Renaissance style. The tables' center displayed giant white flower bouquets. The place was dimmed with colors of gold, white and peach. It looked like a castle room. 

The service was also impeccable with its courteous team. It was a dreamy wedding. The couple had their first dance and then everyone joined after, moving to the good music.

JB couldn't stop staring at his phone. He waited for Melanie while stealing nervous but discreet glances at his mother.

"How are you? Do you wanna dance?" A girl reached out to Junior and as the good and respectful boy he was, he couldn't say no. JB smirked at both of them, but mostly at his friend.

Sooyoung stood up and walked over to Youngjae. She grabbed his hand. 

"I wanna dance with my baby!"

Youngjae didn't look pleased at all. "Ahh Omma! No! Don't make me go with you," he whined and JB chuckled at his ugly whiny face.

"Come on! You're my son!" She continued to pull him toward the dance floor.

Now, only Sora and JB remained at the table. Sora stared at her son, feeling uneasy. Either he watched the people dancing or he was looking on his phone, avoiding his mom's attention.

After the song finished, Sooyoung came back to the table.

"Jaebeomie, go have fun with Youngjae. I want to have a moment alone with Sora." She patted his shoulder and he did as she said. For a moment Sora felt jealous; the way JB immediately responded to Sooyoung's demand easily.

Sooyoung sat next to her, but she only watched JB leaving. "I'm a bad mother. I wasn't born to be one," Sora expressed weakly.

Sooyoung moved closer to her and they both watched JB and Youngjae having fun.

"I want to stay a little more," Sooyoung said. "We could spend the Holidays altogether."

Sora turned to face her. "You're doing this for you or JB? Don't be selfish."

"I'm doing this for all of us. You are my only family. I think we need to resolve the misunderstandings and reveal the secrets for us to be happy for once. JB has the right to know, and Youngjae too. They're old enough. It will be too late in the future. They better get angry at us now than later."

"No, we can't do this Sooyoung-ah. Can't you see how happy they look now?"

"That's the purpose. Wouldn't they be happier to know they are more related than they think they are?"

Sora's eyes went wide."You wanna take JB away from me?!"

"He wasn't yours first. I'm the one who gave birth to him. He was in MY womb for nine months. He's my child," she defended.

"But, I'm the one who has raised him because you had financial issues. You couldn't take care of him. You were too young and immature. And mom died, leaving us alone. I've worked hard."

"I know and thank you for all you did. However, you didn't have to move here, far away from me. You don't know how much I've missed him. That's why I have Youngjae now. I wanted a child and start anew to prove you I can take care of my kids."

"Where's your boyfriend, uh?"

"Don't use that tone when talking about him. You don't even know the whole story. He was busy and all... and still is."

"Yes, still is that he can't even take care of his sons with you," Sora coldly remarked.

"He had to train to be a singer and it's a lot of work. It wasn't as easy as it is today. He and his group got popular and if the media knew about his hidden children, it would be a nightmare for him. It's South Korea."