Chapter 1

"You did what?" the man yelled.

Dhruv didn't know where to look. He certainly couldn't look at the man who sat in his huge leather chair looking angry and shocked at the same time. He knew he had messed up so badly Aarav just might kill him today. Of all the messes this had to take the cake. How could he explain to his brother that he hadn't done anything intentionally? It just happened. And mistakes happen. He was only human unlike his big brother who was a paragon who never made any mistakes. Sometimes it did irk him. Actually it irked the entire family. But nobody had the guts to tell him to his face. If looks could kill his brother was a pro at it and Dhruv was certain he was going to die today.

"Look at me dammit," Aarav said angrily.

He hadn't known why Dhruv had wanted to meet him suddenly. He had called up a while back and said something about a mess and his need for help. Aarav had thought he would have done something with the deal they were trying to crack for a while now but when he had heard what he needed help for Aarav had wanted to grab his brother by his collar and throw him out. He had just asked Dhruv to look at him but it seemed he would look anywhere but at him.

"I asked you a question Dhruv and you better find that elusive voice of yours before I reach across the desk and squeeze it out of your throat," he said threatening him. It seemed to work.

"Bhai, trust me it was not intentional," Dhruv said frustrated himself, "I don't know how it happened?" he said.

"You don't know how a girl got pregnant with your child without your knowledge?" Aarav asked wondering if Dhruv wasn't under the influence of some drug. "What were you thinking?" he asked.

"Bhai, please try and understand," Dhruv pleaded, "I love that girl," Dhruv said.

Aarav wanted to slap his hand on his forehead.

"'Love', really?" Aarav said rudely. "The last time I heard the word love was when someone got married and then divorced in three months flat and that person is none other than your sister," he said reminding him.

"That is Sagarika bhai," Dhruv protested, "her love for everything comes with short expiry dates but I am different. You know me," Dhruv said pleading for his elder cousin brother to understand, "I love her and now she is missing," he said.

"So now the girl in question is missing too," Aarav said unable to make up his mind whether he should be amused or angry, "I thought your problem was her being pregnant but I think your problem is she is missing," he said coldly.

"No, my problem is she is pregnant and gone missing," Dhruv said irritated with Aarav but he knew if there was someone in this family who could help it was him. Controlling his need to scream at the man sitting in front of him he tried again, "bhai, I am responsible for her situation and she is missing because of me," he said.

"There is no doubt in my mind you are responsible for her situation, even if you said earlier that you have no idea how this happened but she is missing because of you," Aarav said raising his eyebrows, "you just threw a yorker here brother, care to explain," he said darkly.

"She had come to see me last evening," Dhruv said upset at what he had done, "and she had told me about her pregnancy," he said, "I just... flipped. I know I shouldn't have. But I wasn't thinking clearly. I don't even remember half of what I said to her," he said disgusted with himself, "I...," he raked a hand through his hair in frustration, "all I remember is I asked her to abort it," he said slowly ashamed.

Aarav wanted to choke his brother for his insensitivity. Not that he was a Ph. D on the topic in fact he was the least sensitive of people in the world probably after Napoleon Bonaparte he was to make the record but this was not about him. That girl came to him to tell him about the problem maybe even looking for a solution and the idiot asked her to abort it. No wonder she was missing. But all of that could be taken care of. If media got a wind of this there would be no getting out of it. Dhruv had no idea what he had done. Having an affair with a nobody was bad enough, he went and got the girl pregnant was worse and he couldn't even contemplate how further this mess would go was the cherry on the cake.