Chapter 80

Tanish sat at his table watching the other patrons with mild interest. They all ignored him and he preferred it to be that way. He waited with a cup of coffee at the coffee shop in the hotel where Pratiksha worked. He had called up before and enquired about her. To which he had been told the timings of her shift today. It hadn't been easy to get the information but he knew the tricks. Once he had arrived he had spoken to the manager of the hotel and told him it was imperative he spoke to her and the manager had been most understanding of his urgency. He recalled their last meeting and smiled a bit. She was something else. This girl. And just when he would have gone ahead with his thoughts he saw her walking towards where he sat at a rapid speed. And he smiled. She seemed furious. And he wondered why? Her eyes were flashing and the second she had spotted him they had turned to narrowed slits. Her jaw set. It gave him an amazing feeling every time he saw her in this mood. Surprisingly she had had the same expression every time he had met her. She walked all the way up to his seat and stopped.

"You have some nerve Tanish Singhania," she said in a low angry voice, "you are not just incorrigible, you are the most inconsiderate, irredeemable and the most arrogant man I have ever had the misfortune of meeting," she said and paused to take a breath.

"Hi to you too," Tanish said smiling at her and just before she could go back to her torrent of choiceful words for him he added, "and before everyone starts thinking otherwise please take a seat," he said lazily as he sat back in his chair with his smile perfectly in place.

Pratiksha blinked a couple of times as his words settled in her mind and she realized as she glanced around that she had drawn attention towards her with the way she had walked up to him. She smiled at the curious onlookers and taking in a deep breath she glared at the man responsible and took a seat opposite to him.

"What do you want?" she asked tersely but kept her volume low.

"Coffee," he replied.

"No thanks," she answered.

"You are welcome but sweetheart I wasn't asking," he said amused and she narrowed her eyes again, "I was replying to your question," he said innocently, "I just wanted to have a cup of coffee with you," he said and then shrugged.

Pratiksha gaped at him. This man was too much. Even the word arrogance fell short to his haughtiness. She felt like screaming at him. She looked away and then back at him. He was smiling. And the tone he had been using so far had been polite and innocent. Though she knew there was nothing polite or innocent about the man sitting in front her. She had been shocked when her manager had told her that a certain Mr. Singhania was here to see her regarding some legal paperwork. And that she should see him immediately. The second she had gotten over that piece of information she had been livid. How dare he? He had lied to her manager? Why? The audacity of the man. And so she had marched all the way to where he was supposed to be waiting in her indignation. Her heart had lurched at the sight of him. He sat there by the big window with the perfect view of the poolside of the hotel tall and confident. His hair styled weirdly as always. Some of it parted to be straight some of it gelled to stand. With his usual ****y grin on his perfectly shaped lips. He was wearing beige khaki trousers and a green polo neck t shirt with white stripes on the collar. A big dial chrome watch flashed on his left wrist. He looked disreputable but he appealed to her. But she was angry. She reminded herself. Then as she had sat down considering where she stood and in what capacity, he had decided to go innocent on her. But she didn't want to create a scene. He had sought her out. And she was sure there was a purpose to it. What she had to know? She took a deep calming breath.

"Why?" Pratiksha asked calmly something she was far from feeling.

"To apologize," he said as if reminding her of something.