Chapter 38

Aarav walked all the way up to Kanak and stopped. He wasn't overly worried but he was curious to know what all that was about. Of course, he wasn't concerned. Nor was he feeling relaxed after just seeing her. It was what he told himself. As he admired what she was wearing today. Her light pink salwar kameez with matching dupatta suited her. She had worn her hair down and put on a light make up. Though she had used a darker shade for her gloss she still looked nice. And what was that frown on her face? But she looked cute. And Aarav's irritation at seeing Tanish still here, vanished.

"What was Tanish still doing here?" he asked casually.

"Trying to find out if there was more to Palak's marriage than what was being let on," she said upset.

That gave Aarav some pause. Why was Tanish interested? But he had known yesterday, Tanish had been suspicious. So he must have tried to get it out of Kanak when he had come today to drop Chitra. He gave a half smile. Trust Tanish to use his intelligence. He had already deduced the weak point. Kanak. That was fast. Though Aarav was least bothered. Even if he did find the truth it didn't matter. There was nothing he could do about it because it was not related to him. And Tanish was only interested in him and not anybody else. But he couldn't resist asking Kanak.

"And did he?" Aarav asked with the smile still there on his face.

"No he didn't," Kanak said a bit sharply and Aarav raised his eyebrow at that tone.

"Are you forgetful or you just plain don't like heeding warnings," he asked sarcastically.

Kanak looked at him confused.

"I don't like your tone Miss Sharma," Aarav said tightly.

"Look," Kanak started then as she saw him narrow his gaze at her she mellowed down a little, "I don't want to offend you but there are a lot things going on right now," she said and sighed, "and I feel a bit under pressure," she said and looked away.

If she felt under pressure how should he feel Kanak wondered? He had faced a lot more of it and he still stood here. Why was he here anyway? But before she could ask he spoke up.

"I believe my aunt is still here," he said as he put his left hand in the pocket of his trouser.

He was wearing a light grey suit with a black tie which had tiny gold lines. And he looked as handsome as ever if not more. Was he always so formally dressed? She had never seen him in anything casual. No jeans, no cargos, not even t shirts. Did he sleep in a three piece suit as well? But what was it to her how he dressed. He looked good in everything. And she had more things to think about than ponder over his dressing sense.

"Yes, she is," Kanak replied.

"I needed to talk to you about something," he said his tone suddenly business like, "I am glad I found you here," he said in his usual authoritative way.

And Kanak looked at him. He seemed serious. What was it he had to talk to her about now?

"What is it?" she asked worried.

And Aarav heard worry in her voice. Why was she always so troubled? She should learn something from Palak. Her sister was never worried. It was an amazing quality. When nothing could faze you. At the breakfast table in the morning she had been so animated it wasn't even funny. The fact that her mother in-law hadn't attended the morning meal which she normally did was also not enough to deter her. And here was Kanak. Over worried and over stressed.

"Is something the matter?" Aarav asked as he watched her keenly.

Kanak looked at him. Should she tell him? But she will have to. She wasn't worried over Tanish or his questions. She was worried over how her uncle would meet up to their standards. And she wanted to speak to him about it. Though she wasn't sure but it seemed he might be able to help.