chapter 9.

Dakota ferns pov

I step back looking at him with pain filled eyes.

"You don't want me. I won't stay and be a burden" I say.

His eyes flicker with guilt as they move to my jaw line. Guaranteed I have bruises as well as broken fingers.

Some mate he is.

"I've been here for two days angel, you've hurt me emotionally and physically. I can't spend my life with someone who hurts me" I say softly.

He crouches down so I turn and run, hoping he won't catch me.

Jumping over logs and dips my feet sprint through the thick woods. Everything's silent behind me but I don't stop running.

A body slams into mine making me gasp, the person twisting us so they're taking the fall. I shut my eyes tightly as he flips me so I'm on my back and he's above me.

"If I could take back what I've done, I would in a heartbeat. But I can't. The only thing I can do is ask you to let me spend the rest of our lives making it up to you" he whispers hopefully.

My eyes slowly open "you didnt want me, you sa-"

"I know what I said lana, I made a mistake. I swear to never hurt you again if you just give me the chance. The hunter's that want you, I'll kill them. The rogues that want you, I'll kill them too. I'll protect you with my life lana" he pleads. His voice and eyes filled with complete honesty and regret.

"I'm sorry" I whisper regretfully after a minute and turn my head from him.

He stays above me but doesn't answer, I can see pain in his eyes as he tries to cover it.

"At least come back with me" He says sounding broken before clearing his throught.

"Nobody wants me there angel, I don't want to hurt you. I can protect myself out there but I can't protect everyone here. I've seen what they can do, I'd never wish that on you or your pack. Just please, let me go" I say slightly pleading.

My heart hurts at the thought of leaving him but it has to be done.

"Your asking for the one thing I can't and won't do. I want you here. I'm their alpha, not the other way around. They don't have to know about your past. And myself and my pack can fend for ourselves. I'm not the strongest alpha in the world for nothing lana" he says matter of factly.

I sigh knowing he will hunt me to the ends of the earth if he has to.

"Please" he whisper sounding completely vulnerable.

Looking up at him I nod slowly "ok" I whisper.

His eyes light up like he's won the lottery, a heart stopping smile spreading across his gorgous face.

"You won't regret this lana, I promise"

...

Silently climbing out of the bed I pull on a jacket before opening the window. The moon shining on me giving me more light than I need. It's around three in the morning.

Silently climbing out I slowly drop myself bit by bit, using the drainpipe for support. One I'm the same level as the second floor I jump. Landing in a crouch and rolling I ignore the slight pain and sprint into the dark forest.

My heart twisting painfully with each step, I speed up. The forest a blur to me, my eyes stinging slightly as the wind hits me.

I'm doing this for his own good, I won't see him hurt because of my mistakes.

...

Angel bains pov

My wolf's Whimpering and snarling wakes me up. Sitting up quickly listen closely.

My body freezing, my heart thumping loudly Inside my chest.

'She's gone' I whisper.

He let's out an ear shattering howl, filled with anger, pain and sadness.

She's not getting away that easy.

Jumping out of my window I shift into my wolf half way down. Landing on my paws I shake my fur out before taking off at neck breaking speed.

My paws thundering against the ground, a snarl ripping through my throught. Following her scent I realise she's already gone. Her scent has passed the border line without my guards noticing her.

'Chloe, put the beta in control for now. She's gone' I command.

'Steel it's to dangerous, there's hunter's everywhere' she says, her voice groggy.

'I don't care' I growl out. Cutting the link I sprint into the forest past my border line.

...

Dakota lana ferns pov

Sitting up slowly I look around before shivering, my skin ice cold.

I freeze as I try to remember what happened.

FLASHBACK

I past his border line hours ago, even with how trained I am I'm about to drop any second.

Not long after I stop and look around for somewhere to sleep. Climbing into a tree I sit with my legs dangling either side and lean back against the tree trunk. Falling to sleep my last thought is hoping I don't fall out of the tree and die.

...

My eyes snap open as I hear noises coming from below me. Silently looking down I see nobody. Frowning I jump down landing in a crouch.

"It's good to see you again" a dark icy voice hisses.

My head snaps to the culprits voice as a shiver runs down my spine. And not the good kind.

"I wish I could say the same" I say back disgusted.

"Lana! Why the fuc-" a loud voice shouts before cutting off.

My head snaps to him "why are you here? You need to leave" I say icily, hiding my worry for him.

He steps closer to me "come here" he says icily after a minute.

Slowly standing up I move towards him

"sister, Darren will love to hear you've been hiding with that"

Angel looks at me narrowing his eyes as I stop in between both of them.

My eyes flicker from my brother to angel. Angels hurt me but he's my mate I can't just leave him when he's come all this way for me. I thought I got away but I guess he really meant what he said.

My brother on the other hand is the only family I have left.