chapter 53

~ chapter 53 ~

I blinked slowly and sat up on the bed, my body felt weaker as I haven't been eating properly or training.

I was stiff but with some exercise I would be as good as new.

The happiness that I felt at being able to finally move almost made me cry, I wanted to scream but this time with joy. I've never been so relieved, not even when I escaped the hunters.

"Lana" angel breathed catching my attention. My eyes snapped to him in a flash, he was watching me move with awe at the happiness in my heart and on my face.

I stood from the bed carefully and stretched out my body, I smiled brightly at angel who returned my happiness.

"You did it" I shook my head.

"No, you did it" I told him before using my inhuman speed and pushing him against the wall, my lips on his moving in perfect sync. His arms pulled me closer and he let out a grunt of approval, I was loving his touch. He held me tightly, afraid I would suddenly disappear but I didn't mind.

I suddenly laughed and broke the kiss pulling my head back a little, looking up into his black eyed gaze.

"I love you" I told him sincerely, his eyes lit up and he gave me a short gentle kiss.

"And I love you" he whispered against my lips making me smile.

In this moment it was just us, not the pack or the war. Just me and him.

"How does a big fat greasy cheese burger sound?" He asked me and I moaned in reply, my mouth watered slightly.

"Sounds better than sex" I replied cheekily and turned towards the bathroom, a hand hit my ass slapping it.

I looked at him surprised, does it run in their family? Chloe once did that. He smirked at me which was strange but I smirked in return.

"Oo kinky..save it for some other time" I winked before shutting the bathroom door behind me laughing.

Stripping myself of my clothes I jump in the shower, washing and shaving everything thoroughly before getting out.

Wrapping a towel around me I left the bathroom and entered the closet, angel is probably downstairs waiting for me. Pulling on some navy blue matching panties and bra I add black ripped skinnys, timberland combat boots in brown, a black swing crop top cami and a brown leather jacket with the sleeves rolled up.

Brushing my teeth twice I then brush my hair and leave it to dry. My face had a few scars on along with the rest of my body but I didn't care, I hadn't dressed myself in so long that I wanted to make an effort this once.

My boots hit the floor lightly as I walked, my familiar cold expression on my face. The pack had no idea I was able to move.

I sensed Angel in the kitchen and entered there, the cooks faced me and almost died on the spot.

"L-luna?" One whispered turning pale as fuck.

"What?" I replied arching a brow. She didn't reply and instead looked lost for words.

"Are you fucking serious? Your scared of her" a familiar voice stated making me smirk. I faced him with a cocky look.

"Aren't you?" I taunt.

He grinned "you have no idea" he then wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me into his body. He looked down at me with awe in his eyes.

"You look beautiful" he told me and I grinned slightly.

"Not as beautiful as that cheese burger I was promised" is my reply. He chuckled at me and lead me outside the back of the house, I could already smell the BBQ and I already excited.

I LOVE BBQ food. Especially burgers.

"What happened to that baby?" He asked suddenly with a curious voice and I look up at him, I was waiting for this moment.

I sat on one of the deck chairs and looked away from him as he cooked the food effortlessly.

"It died" I told him but continued.

"But left behind three grandchildren and two daughters" I finished.

"It became a human?" He asked curiously.

"My venom attacked the inhuman parts of it, the moon simple kept it alive long enough to heal. Some humans found it not long after" I shrugged.

"You never seize to amaze me" he grinned and I returned it. It was strange for us both to be so happy and carefree, with the war coming it wouldn't last long.

"Did Chloe tell about the w-"

"Yes and we can deal with that tomorrow. I'm spending today with you, I have a surprise once we're done here" he told me and I raised an eyebrow curiously.

"A surprise? What kind of surprise?" I was curious as fuck, in all my years of breathing I've never had a surprise.

He shrugged and turned away, I narrowed my eyes at his back.

"Unless you want to be mated out here I suggest you stop looking at me like that" he tells me with a deadly serious voice, instantly I look away and towards the training pack members out on the field.

"They won't last out there" I tell him after a minute of silence. They were good, but they weren't good enough.

"We're the strongest pack in the world right now Lana"  I shrug at him and stand up.

"I've faced this enemy head on, I know their strengths. Their weaknesses, I know their techniques. I'm the only one who knows them inside out, and I'm telling you that if your pack fight they will be slaughtered where they stand" I wasn't joking. I've never seen something that fast and swift before.

"Without the pack we stand along in a war we didn't create, if not them who dies then who? You? I don't think so." He states growling.

"Not me. I have a few ideas. They will come in handy with some training from me, but they will be no good on the battle field" I tell him taking a burger he offered me.

Even with our current conversation it tasted like heaven, better than heaven. Within twenty seconds it was gone and I felt the urge to lick my fingers but refrained myself from doing so.

I ate another 4 before deciding to head over to the warriors, angel was behind me of course.