chapter 25.

Throughout the night I tossed and turned, eventually needing to take some serious sleeping pills. They knocked me out for a few hours but I still slept restless without my mate. Once I realised I wasn't getting back to sleep I showered, got dressed and went to my office to do some alpha shit such as paperwork, patrols, finance etc.

My focus being solely on the stack of paperwork in front of me I growl when there's a nock on the door, nearly five hours later.

"Come in" I growl grunting slightly with annoyance, however it soon disappears when I smell who it is. A growl forces it's way out of my mouth and echoes around the room. Instantly im in front of her wrapping my arms tightly around her waist. Burying my head into her hair between the crook of her neck and shoulder and breathing in mouthfuls of her delicious scent.

"I've missed you" I murmur to her not caring if anybody hears me, she's my mate and my only slight soft spot.

"I've only been gone a day" she replies amused and cuddles into me with her arms around my waist tightly.

"Seemed like forever" I tell her grinning when she laughs into my chest.

"Nice to know I'm loved" she says in a teasing voice.

I hold her in my arms not wanting to let go of her until she forces herself away and shuts the door. She then proceeds to walk around my desk and sit in my chair flashing me an innocent smile.

"Come sit, ill help you" she offers smiling at me with so much love and trust I couldn't bring myself to tell her no. Sighing I move over to her and lift her up before placing her so she's sat on me while I sit in the chair.

As she reads through the documents on the desk she asks when she's unsure about something but other than that she works silently while I watch with interest over her shoulder. She's extreamely clever and knows exactly what to do even though no one's ever explained pack work to her.

After an hour of thinking to myself I decide to break the peaceful silence.

"Do you have a bucket list?" I ask randomly genuinely curious, I've never had one but if she had one ill help her with it.

She shrugs slightly not looking up from the last few sheets of papers. I watch her for the next ten minutes drawn in by her beauty, how the hell did I get so lucky to have this innocent goddess as my mate?

"I've always been on the run watching my own back that I never had time to think about what I wanted to do or where I wanted to travel" she replies sighing after what feels like forever, her soft curvy body leaning back to rest on me, not that I minded.

"Is there anything you'd like to do or anywhere you'd like to go?" I ask kissing her exposed neck gently, a shiver travels through her body making me chuckle.

"As long as I have you and you want me, then I dont need nor want anything else" are her words after a minute of silence while she thinks. Her trust and loyalty in me makes me confused as to why but I don't mention it knowing it'll upset her.

"So there's no where you want to go like Italy, Paris, Rio, jamaic-" she shakes her head and turns her head to look at me. Her eyes eye level with mine due to her sitting on my thighs.

"No angel" she tells me and I feel suprise run through me at her harsh tone.

"I'm sorry, I'm not used to someone caring for me and offering me things I've never even dreamed about. However, there is one thing I used to think about" she tells me sighing and flashes me an apologetic smile.

"What's that?" I ask curiously unfazed by her earlier words.

"I used to think about randomly taking off one day, going to a small island in the middle of no where and lay on the beach looking up at the stars" she says softly, a cute light blush gracing her beautiful features.

"Sounds nice" is all I say as I glue that information into my mind so I don't forget.

I know! It's short but I prefer writing from a females pov so I'm sorry! :/

Please vote and comment whenever you like :)

Also please take a look at my other books, I think you'll all like the 'LUCIAN' Book if you give it a chance ;)

Thanks for reading xxxxxxx