chapter 47

~ Chapter 47 ~

The sight before me alarmed me straight away. Me and Chloe weren't close, we barely knew each other. But that didn't mean I wanted her to die.

But clearly she had other plans.

I was too late. The lone vampire was already infected her with his venom.

She would be dead in an hour or two. Angel would be back from the annual meeting held every year in under 48 hours.

I'm not sure what healing her could do to me, but it couldn't be worse than when I healed angel surely.

Healing angel literally took every ounce of blood and energy from me. I was in a coma for 3 years, when I woke up I drained 11 humans from the city of their blood.

Ripping the vampire away from her I throw him behind me.

"Run to the pack hospital. Go!" I shove her away and she nods with wide tearful eyes. She sprints off towards the direction I pointed in.

A loud whack cracks through the air as I spin 180° my hand smacking him across his face. The power in my hit caused his skin to split open in three different areas.

His head moved to face me but I was already behind him, my nails dug into his throat and my other hand through his back up into his chest.

"Tell the devil I said hi won't you" I hiss with sickening amusement right before I ripped my hands from him. His blood squirted all over me as I held his heart in one hand and his entire throat in the other.

Stepping over him I drop his body parts and use my inhuman speed to get to the pack hospital.

When I got there five seconds later Chloe was only just getting through the doors about to call for help.

"No. They can't help you" I tell her pushing her into one of the empty rooms and shutting the doors.

"What do you mean?" She asks with fear. I sit her down on the bed carefully and rip some cloth from her clothes, pressing pressure down on the sides of the bite as to slow the venom in her veins.

"How badly do you want to live?" I ask her meaningfully.

"Bad enough to allow whatever it is your about to do" she replies closing her eyes tightly in fear and pain. Her skin began to over heat as the venom worked its way down to her heart.

"I hope so." I reply before grabbing a nearby scalpel and drawing a straight line across the mating mark on her neck. She screams in pure agony and I remember when it happened to me.

Not the easiest thing to to through.

"Call to your wolf Chloe. Force memories on her of your happiness, She'll leave you otherwise!" I call over the top of her pain. Without warning her I sink my fangs into her fresh cut.

She thrashed against me struggling to breath, all the blood pouring into my mouth spilled out from the sides. I simply sucked the venom from her veins.

Extremely painful. Extremely dangerous. But I think she'll survive it.

Her heart slowed and her skin turned cold, she'd lost over half of her normal blood level.

Her heart slowed more, I could see black dots invading my vision but if I passed out right now she would die.

Pulling away I force her mouth open, slicing my wrist open I held it over her mouth. Squeezing it so more spilled out.

I then held it over her two bite wounds and repeated the process.

I could feel the vampires venom flow through my veins, turning them to ice instead of fire.

My venom worked against it, fighting it.

The trauma of my battle inside my body because too much.

The last thing I heard before smacking the ground like a sack of potatoes was chloes heart stop.