chapter 61

"Is everything ready?"

"Yes alpha."

"How long will Graham be?" I was demanding answers from the warrior.

The pack should know by now that even though I was soft around my mate it wouldn't change anything between my rules and them. Lana has changed parts of me, I'll admit that. But I still demanded respect from those below me, including all pack members.

"Ten minutes alpha."  He lowers his head after contacting his brother. A snarl tore it's way from my throat, impatient was one word you could describe me as.

"Make it five." I warn bitterly.

He nods obediently. It reminded me of the day I brought Lana back all those years ago. She mocked me without any fear of who I was, disrespecting me in front of my entire pack. Back then I was the most feared alpha in the world. But now my own pack feared someone more than they did me, my mate.
Her temper was..tremendously frightening but highly arousing. She had no idea of the things she made me feel with everything she did.

One second she could be laughing and the next she could be throwing your dead body in the woods. It was one of the reasons I loved her, she was always surprising me. She never missed a trick; if there was a war coming she would know before the enemy even planned it. I never understood how she knew all she did, but I didn't dare question her. As long as it didn't bring any harm to her then I see no point in riling her up unless it's for my own amusement.

"But don't you think he needs someone who listens, who actually respects him. Someone who can please him prop-" crack.

"Listen here you little fucking whore!" I heard an all too familiar voice hiss venemously. Heading in the direction of her voice I recognise the other girl to be Jaime, one of my top warriors. She did her job and that was all that mattered.

Lana stood over her making her look small, her figure looked wild and rugged like she'd just been to war and back. But I knew it was only her temper that did that to her.

Her captivating eyes were savage as she glowered down at the warrior. A cruel smirk on her lips.

"What's going on?" I questioned sternly. I would always choose my mate over anyone but I couldn't allow her to torment every female in this pack.

"Ask your little bitch." Lana didn't move away as she spoke, Jaime made it worse for herself by staring into her eyes without fear. A clear sign of a challenge.

"I didn't do anything to provoke her Alpha Bane, I asked for advice about my human boyfriend but she just..flipped." Jaime told me confused. I narrowed my eyes.

"She is your alpha, your leader, your eminence, your superior and any other word that involves my mate being above you. Your a warrior, a valuable one but don't make the mistake of thinking you're irreplaceable." I state sharply.

My words were harsh to get the point across. I could see straight through her act and I wasn't having any of that bullshit in my pack.

"Yes Alpha." She whispers, bowing her head.

Forcing back a sneer of disgust I turned away hearing Lana fall into step with me. Within a split second she spun on her heel, moving at neckbreaking speed towards Jaime. I heard her mutter something under her breath but I couldn't make out the words that were that mumbled, but clearly Lana did.

I didn't stop her as she launched herself at the girl. My warriors moved to step in but I held my hand out, shaking my head. They stepped down and watched with awe as their alpha gracefully delivered a solid iron punch to the girls jaw. It cracked under the pressure instantly breaking it. I'm surprised it didn't just tear off with the speed and force of her hit.

"Talking down your nose to me was a mistake. But don't think for a second that a weak, pathetic, washes up nobody, such as yourself can ever outdo me. In fact, I'm glad you opened your mouth. You'll be an example to any other female that wishes to talk about my mate." Lana seethes, her grin menacing.

The surge of possessiveness that shone in her eyes and voice riled me up. Not in the bad way. Quicker than lightening she spins around Jaime grabbing her skull firmly, she used enough speed in one fluent spin to effectively rip off her head.

Silence fell around the room, Jaimes body hit the ground squirting with blood. Lana didn't seem to care, she held Jaimes head by the hair at her side.

"Call a meeting. Now!" She was furious.