chapter 43

~ Chapter 43 ~

Following the last of the enemies I come to realise that they knew I was here, but they had no idea where. They've searched high and low for me with no luck, not even a glance. Rumours have spread around like wild fire through the werewolf community, some even mention the beginning of the war.

Everything seemed calm for a long time after, but I knew different. Angel knew different hence why he understood me leaving, deep down he knew I didn't have a choice. Not if its his life in danger, by being apart I realised that we're unhappy. We're lost. Possibly broken.

But we're both safe. I know he'd do the same for me if he had to choose, I miss him every moment of every day but this is my life now.

Motherless. Fatherless. Sisterless. Brotherless. Childless. And now..Mateless.

Everything in my life gets taken from me one way or another. But this time..I had the choice to save the one I love and I took it.

Rumours of the hunters spread around camp fires, some say we died that day. Some say we turned against each other and became enemies. Some say we slaughtered the hunters in cold blood. Some say I'm a traitor to both sides for killing my own blood. Some say I'm a monster for killing an innocent child.

Some say angel was the cause. They say the hunters were people too, that they had to survive as well. But they've never seen a hunter, because if they did they wouldn't be alive.

I know angels status in strength and power has risen. He's practically the king of alphas minus the crown and castle. He's rough, ruthless, cold, hard headed, and yet somehow I still love him.

I know the angel I know is still there, I knew that when he found me on knight territory. But in front of other alphas and possible threats he let's out the darker parts of him, that I've also come to love.

He's been searching for me. Almost every day, except he never finds me. Its not because he's stupid, or can't hunt. Because he can, and he's fucking good at it.

But no, the reason he never finds me is because I've always been one step ahead of him sine we last met. He thinks I'm far away, but really..I'm right above him. Literally.

I stick to the trees knowing even with my scent covered he can still find me, I leave a scent behind that only my mate can smell with his lycans senses only.

However today I knew the enemies were close, hence why I'm currently making sure they stay away from angels land. But something tells me its not going to be that easy.

They're extremely fast. Extremely strong. And extremely dangerous.

They're nothing like anything I've ever seen before. I knew this was the war, not the battle.

They were searching for something, maybe even someone. Whatever it was, was obviously precious to them as they've been searching for the past 9 years. However where I go..they seem to follow somehow.

I wasn't blind. I knew it was possible they wanted me. But what for? To Kill? To torture? Nothing good would come from them getting me, I knew that much.

I've fought one along before, it was only half as good as me but that was enough to wipe out the entire human and wolf race if it was an army.

The hunters 600 years ago were not even an quarter of the new threat.

I could only describe them as one thing...vampires.