chapter 31

~ Chapter 31 ~

Kicking open my front door I enter the house, heading up the stairs and into my old bedroom. Grabbing a bag I fill it with pictures that I never got to get before. Pictures of me and my brother as kids, when we were pretty much normal aside from the screwed up parents.

Once I have the few personal items in a bag I head down my steps, and out of the house. Nothing had changed here in the months that I'd been gone. But then again I didn't expect it to.

"Dakota? Is that you?" An empty voice asks and I groan, spinning around.

"Stacy dont sta- what the hell happened to you?" I ask taking in her appearance. She looked stronger, with a vibe of darkness surrounding her.

She's a hunter.

"After you left a man came, he offered me something I couldn't refuse. We've been waiting for you to come back from your pack of mutts" she sneers and I arch an eyebrow.

"We?" I reply with a bored voice, she grins darkly. My vampire senses detect someone behind me.

Looking into the reflection of her eyes I see six figures in black a few houses down and approaching.

"Do you know even know anything about this world?" I ask amused and she glares at me.

"I know about your pathetic excuse of a pack. I know your too weak to fend for yourself so you hide against your blind alpha" she smirks. Dark rage swells in my chest, my dark side on the brink of taking over.

"You should really do some research on packs" I comment rolling my eyes, waiting for the moment the figures get close enough.

"I know what I need to know" she replies smugly.

"Really" I challenge stepping closer to her slowly, my eyes darkening into a dark red which she doesn't notice.

"There's 146 packs around the world. Only 10 of those packs are classed as warriors. But you see my 'blind alpha'?" I ask putting emphasis on 'blind alpha'.

"He's stronger than all of those packs combined. So you see Stacy, you should really do your research on your enemy. Especially if its me" I then turn, grabbing one of the dark figures by their head I bring my body up in the air, gripping his head tightly as I bring him forward and jump across his back. As my feet hit the ground I yank my arms on his head, a sickening crack echoes a second before I drop him.

The speed I used making it impossible for the others to attack me.

Moving my head to the left I dodge a fist easily, grabbing his arm I duck under it before spinning behind him. Kicking his legs from under him I bring his arm up behind his back and snap it. Reaching down I grab his gun and shoot him in the head. Shoving him away from me I duck from the next lot of fists, slamming my foot down on the mans left knee, he screams as his knee shatters and my foot forces his leg to bend inwards.

Turning I avoid the sharp blade easily, it slices through the air in front of my face and I watch the blade in slow motion.

Bringing my hands out I grab the blade, it slices into my hand but I feel no pain. Snatching it away from his grip I boot him in chest, as my leg lowers to the ground I swing put the sword and slit his throat open. He gargles and dies within seconds.

Spinning to the one with a damaged leg I stab the sword through his temple, before kicking his body away.

Turning to the last two they take a fighting stance. Blood drips from the blade, wielding it in my right hand I motion them forwards with my left.