chapter 67

Silence fell in the kitchen as I stepped into view.

After I had showered and got dressed, I headed downstairs for some breakfast. although now I'm here I'm starting to rethink my decision.

The men gave me looks of pity, even though the moon had healed me after sending me to sleep last night.

I couldn't help but take note that everyone is here, everyone except angel. I couldn't feel our bond, seeing as I'm blocking him completely.

"Last night..forget about it" I told them coldly.

I should've asked the moon goddess to make them forget.

One of the older alphas scoffed.

"That man is a disgrace. He purposely hit a woman, his mate to be exact. He does not deserve the title he holds, I, for one think we should take this matter to the council" he said, looking at the other alphas who nod in agreement.

Marcus seemed conflicted. I knew his loyalty is with me and angel, he couldn't decide. And he wouldn't.

"Have you ever experienced bloodlust?" I asked them coldly. I didn't appreciate them trying to take over my life.

They shook their heads, no.

"Then consider yourselves weak. Angel is constantly under pressure, he's constantly being challenged and for a person that will never age again..I think he's doing the job better than any of you could" I snapped at them, my voice sharp and angry.

"Your not going to take him to the council" I stated firmly.

"And what makes you think we'll listen?" The alphas questioned looking at me like I'm crazy.

"First. I'll take out your families. Then I'll take out your mates, when you find and grow to love them of course. And then.." I trailed off taking a seat at the table although I didn't touch the food.

I couldn't think of anything but angel. The moon said I need him, and I know she's right.

"Then?"

"Then I'm going to come for you. One by one. And once I'm done with you, I'll pay the council a visit myself"

"They won't side with yo-"

"I am a woman. But I am trained to kill. I am a murderer. If you think for one second that you know me, you don't. I'm 637 years old! I do not need foolish inexperienced low status alphas thinking they can protect me!"

I glared them all down. Some seemed shocked, as if they forgot who I really am.

"The only man I trust, is my mate. He's the one I survive for, the one I fight for. He's the only one that has the potential to protect me. Even in his bloodlust..He couldn't bring himself to kill me. That takes more strength than you can ever imagine...treat him different and you will have me to deal with" I warned them all, my voice dead and sinister.

I love him.

He hurt me, emotionally but..If I know angel, he'll be hurting more than I am.

I'm not forgiving him, or making an excuse to do so. I'm simply stating the truth.

I need him.

"Excuse me"

Standing from my seat I used my vampires speed and vanished from the kitchen. Everything blurred for a few moments.

I stopped seconds later outside the room I knew angel is still in.

We were given a room on the third floor, the mansion is huge so don't think that it's small just because I got from one end of the building to the other in a few seconds.