chapter 66

24 hours later

Blinking I sat up rubbing my eyes tiredly. The blanket falling into my lap as i did.

"Good morning sleepy head" I froze at the voice, slowly lifting my eyes to meet the deep violet ones.

"Why are you here?" I asked bluntly. All respect for her as gone out of the window.

She told me to be strong. To trust angel. But he hit me. He hurt me and he broke my heart.

"Sweetie, you mustn't act like your fine, I can feel your pain as if it is my own" she smiled softly, no pity in her eyes. Only love, light and happiness.

"But it's not! Is it!?" I snapped jumping from the bed, ripping the iv from my arm.

"How dare you come here acting like you know me! I'm in the middle of a fucking war and you think I'm worried about a little heartbreak!" I snapped again, fuming with anger.

She looked at me with calculating eyes, assessing me with concern.

"You always seem to amaze and surprise me, Aphrodisia" she smiled, so kind and pure.

"Dominik told me am I bound to you, as your finest warrior and a servant to the moon. Is that the truth?" I asked her, trying to remain calm for both our sakes.

"Not entirely..you my dear, are not one of my servants" she told me, standing up and moving towards me. The palm of her hand touched my forehead, providing me with so much comfort, warmth and pain relief that I shut my eyes sighing quietly.

"There, all healed. I have a few things I need to speak with you about" she told me softly, giving me a small smile as she slowly removed her hand.

"Thanks, go ahead" I grunted, seeing as she healed me I at least could listen to whatever she has to say.

"First, you must trust angel, he has the solution to the war heading your way. And right now, he's begging me to take him back to the moment in the bathroom, so he can erase all of his worst mistakes. Sweetie, without you in his life, his life isn't worth anything..as least not to him" she soothed.

I blinked.

"I don't hate him, I just..hate the bloodlust" I admitted softly.

I'm not one of those women who give up their entire relationship due to something that a man has no control over. His words hurt me, his actions hurt me, but I still loved him. I still wanted to be with him.

Bloodlust didn't come often, once every few hundred years, but overwhelming hate and anger can trigger it. When it happens, the man has no idea what he's doing until it's too late.

"I know sweetie, and I'm thankful your so wise or convincing you to go to him will be a lot harder" she smiled brightly.

"You have something else to tell me..what is it?" I asked sensing the nervousness that came from her.

The moon...nervous?

She took a seat on the bed, folding her hands in her lap. I joined her completely confused as to why she is acting so strange.

One with the amount of power she has never shows such emotions.

"When you were just a small child, you used to watch the training grounds. Hundreds of highly educated warriors trained there, they were not to feel love or compassion for anyone. They were to obey, and they did" she told me, her voice naturally soft spoken.

I sat there not really sure why she's telling me this but I didn't open my mouth, simply because I had nothing to say.

"But the second you showed up, despite your 5 year old self, they would turn to you..They would bow to you. The warriors would respect and show me loyalty, but their loyalty to you was far much greater"