chapter 14.

Dakota ferns pov

Thinking quickly I take off across the beach ignoring the shouts of panic behind me. If anyone can calm him down it'll be me. Hopefully he will realise who I am.

Sprinting into the forest I don't slow down and instead speed up. My legs burn from the speed I'm using, I've never ran this fast before. The forest surrounding me is a blur, my own heart thumping and blood rushing is all I can hear.

Five minutes later I feel tingles spread across my body, he's close. Keeping my speed I come to regret that decision as I slam into a brick wall. My body flies backwards twisting like a rag doll. My body hits a tree causing pain to erupt through my back before I hit the floor.
Jumping up after a second I focus on the giant wolf in front of me.

His head down, eyes narrowed, teeth out threateningly and tense.

I show no fear of him and look him in the eyes with softness on my features.

"It's ok, it's just me" I whisper calmly and slowly walk towards him with my palm out.

He snarls and jumps for me which I dodge, his teeth graze my arm painfully.

"Angel! It's me, it's lana" I shout as he pounces on me again, his body trapping me to the floor.

His teeth snap for my face making me whimper, his eyes flash blue before turning black again.

"Angel, fight him. Your stronger, I know you are. Fight him angel" I say softly.

His eyes flash blue again before turning black. His wolf freezes above me as they fight each other.

Thinking of another plan I know this might backfire but it's my only option.

"I knew you weren't strong enough. I should have never kissed your sorry ass. I did it out of pity really, you looked so lost" I laugh.

Each word shattering a piece of my heart. His eyes flash blue, filled with heartbreak.

Smirking up at him I carry on "no wonder your a virgin. What person would want a dog to spend the rest of their lives with" I spit.

His eyes turn blue filled with so much pain I almost go soft. This if for his own good. His eyes turn black again after a few seconds.

"Especially a blind one" I laugh, my heart tears as he whimpers.

His wolf backs down instantly leaving me with just angel. He looks down at me with so much pain my eyes water. He shifts back to human form so I quickly wrap my arms around his neck as he tried to move away.

"I'm sorry" I whisper my voice filled with honesty.

He stays silent, his arms staying limp by his sides.

"I said what I had to angel. I never meant it I swear" I say panicked and pull my head back to look at him.

He uses his arms to unwrap mine from around him. His eyes looking empty.

I step back but fall, my back slams against the ground making me cry out in pain.

Instantly he's knelt by my side with a worried look "I'm sorry" his voice sounds panicked.

I breath deeply "it's ok" I say slowly sitting up. My back throbs in pain making me wince, my head whizzes making me dizzy.

"Chloe found her mate" I say after a minute. He freezes "what?" He growls.

I slowly stand up "he's an alpha of a pack nearby, she found him when we went to the beach. I commanded her to run and she did. She came back with him and a few of his men to help me" I explain.

"She told me you were in blood lust and I took off, the hunter's are still at the beach I think" I say.

He nods before swinging me carefully onto his back. I hold onto him tightly as he takes off for the beach. He's thankfully found some basketball shorts and put them on. He runs through the forest so fast my eyes tear up from the wind. Hiding my head into the crook of his neck I sigh peacefully as tingles spread through me.

A few minutes later we reach the beach, a huge crowd of people shouting 'fight' repeatedly. Quickly jumping off his back I sprint to the group with him right behind me.

Shoving people out of my way me and angel make our way into the middle of the group. Chloe looks at me and calms slightly but only for a second before her eyes shift to the middle worried.

Her mate and his ten men fighting around twenty hunter's. They're out numbered.

"Hey assholes! You want me, come and get me!" I shout, my voice ringing out through all the noise.

The fighting stops as they all turn to me "leave" I say to Chloes mate and his men. They don't listen and instead stay put.

Angel steps forwards growling quietly, none of the humans can hear thankfully.
"Do as she says" he spits, his alpha command leaking through.

Chloes mate tenses sensing his alpha side while chloe stands in front of her mate protectively.

"Steel" she says softly with a warning tone. I glare at her my body tensing at her threat.

"Chloe" I growl warning. She whimpers and looks to the ground not being able to hold my stare.

"Sorry luna" she whispers guilty. Her mate glares at me for causing her to feel under me.

The atmosphere turns tense as everyone stares each other down. Me glaring at chloe, angel glaring at Chloes mate, Chloes mate glaring at me and chloe looking at the floor.

"Well isn't this fun?" A dark amused voice says breaking the silence. All heads snap to the voice, it was mike.

"Incredibly" I fire back with disgust coating my tone.

He tuts giving me a dissaproving look "now now Dakota, you know your place. Join us and we can come to some arrangement over these things you protect" he offers.

Lies.

I scoff "not going to happen" I growl out.

He grins yet it holds no amusement "you have my word"

I laugh darkly, how I was before I met angel taking over me. My heart pumps slowly in my chest, the blood slowing in my ears. My eye sight blurs slightly letting me know I'm close to snapping.

"Your word don't mean shit" a voice spits filled with darkness and venom. Everyone steps back except for angel and mike.

This is the side of me I never wanted anyone to find out about. Ever.

That voice was mine.