chapter 37

~ Chapter 37 ~

Hours passed by. The only sound being flesh on flesh, or skin tearing as weapons were used.

I was sweating slightly but I wasn't using stelahs strength or the demons strength, I was simply me. And my brother had no idea.

Angel was coming. He severed the bond to let me know he was on his way, but he also did it because this way if one of us gets hurt the other won't feel it.

He's no longer my weakness, not physically anyway. However if he gets hurt I will slaughter him myself for allowing it to happen.

I didn't underestimate angel, I just had to make it seem like I had no faith in him and that would push him to his limits. My plan worked and now we should both survive, I knew he wouldn't sit back at home whilst I went to war.

This was the plan all along.

And angel had no idea yet he went along with it. Severing the bond will also help for him to find our location, his anger and pain will automatically lead him to me. The moon is watching us, she helps to guide him to me without actually interfering.

As the day begins to fade I fight my way to the edge of the field. With no one looking I grab the hunter beside me, snapping his neck quickly before throwing him in the forest.

I continue like this for another 40 minutes, silently killing them one by one. Altogether there was 353 hunters, including my brother and angels father, now however there was only 296.

Still a lot yes, but the less hunters here meant there would be less danger.

I smelt angel before I saw him, happiness shot through me but now wasn't the time for that.

"Stelah!" I looked at ridicuz with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" I glare.

"There's a nearby pack, small but strong. I'm sending out my weakest warriors, I need you to lead them" he orders me and I scoff. We were at the edge of the forest, angel was practically breathing down my neck. None of the other hunters were paying any attention.

Angel was waiting for me to make the first move so he didn't blow our cover.

"Do you love me?" I ask my brother curiously. He frowns at me bewildered, he didn't know what to say.

"A long time ago, yes. But things change" he replies coldly.

"Do you regret anything you've done to me? Beating me? Starving me? Torturing me? Trying to kill me? Taking away any children I might of had?" I question him darkly. By now stelah and my demon were with me, we were finally as one. I could feel the strength and power sizzling through my veins.

"It was for your own good. Now stop with the stupid fucking question and do as I ordered" he sneered.

"Ordered? Your a fool to trust me, I willingly mated with a lycan. I willingly chose to love him, but I didn't choose this war. You did"

Looking up at his furious expression I felt a single tear leak down my face.

"Goodbye brother, forgive me" I whisper before shoving my hand into his chest. His eyes widen in shock and I held his gaze as I ripped his heart clean from his chest.

His body dropped to the ground lifeless, my heart cracked in my chest. But I knew it had to be done.

Dropping his unbeating heart on the ground I look up at angel who stepped out of the shadows.

"Remember your promise" he reminds me as my eyes glue to the approaching lycan.

"I'll do my best" I reply before heading full on into the army charging at us.

Ducking I take two to the floor with my hands, flipping my body over into a crab to Dodge the sword I flip back grabbing the hunters head in my legs snapping his neck quickly. Ripping my hands away from the hunters below me I drop their throats to the ground, punching another full force sending him sailing through the air.

Ripping another's jaw out he drops dead and I snatch his sword from the ground, launching it through the air killing 4 in one go.

Taking notice of the hunters still running towards me I let stelah take control, especially when a familiar roar of anger and pain split the air in half.

Black entered my vision blinding me, but I could feel the death of those around me through my demon. My love for angel would distract me, stelah has currently taken control of my body so I don't get myself injured.

I was extremely fast as a human, but with stelah in control of me I was quicker than lightening itself

I'm not sure how much time passed before my vision was granted back to me, I regained control of my own body and I noticed the hunters were no longer standing.

Only the lycan stood, with a sickening sadistic smirk on his face. He was looking towards the ground and I realised it wasn't the ground he was looking at.

It was angel.