Chapter 78

The dark clouds thunder above us, brightening in a quick flash as lightening strikes nearby. The wind is strong, lashing at us, Mother Nature not at all pleased for the blood she is about to soak up.

I didn't give the soldiers a pep talk. Aside from the low whispers on our way here nobody spoke, some fearing the vampire kingdom as many do. Everyone that threatens the vampires never succeed, they never get past the walls. But I've been beyond those walls, I trained with those vampires, I saw their weaknesses, their strengths, the way they fight and the way they think. They're stronger than ever don't get me wrong, they're prepared for me, but they underestimate me. They don't expect me to be stronger. They don't expect me to have an army of unsullied soldiers gifted to me from the moon mother. They don't expect me to have 13 pure blood Lycans. They don't expect me to have the Bain bloodline at my side, the strongest lycans to ever exist.

The castle is lit up as the windows and doors are open, the soldiers and whores inside gladly enjoying the night as they party and drink the finest of blood like its wine. The soldiers guarding the walls slowly walk the perimeter, not even realising that the greatest threat they could have hoped for, is right above them. Literally.

I glance over to Saleem and Shadow briefly, they sit high in the branches of the trees under the shadows, silently watching, waiting for the moment to strike for the kill. Seeing me looking at them both heads turn towards me, giving me a slight nod of questioning. I give them a nod, signalling what I want. Immediately Shadow drops from his spot with agile swiftness that shouldn't be possible, he lands silently on his feet behind the guard, I watch with narrowed eyes as Shadow swiftly grabs the guards head, giving it a sharp yet sudden tug in which immediately snaps his neck. Shadow lays him on the ground, and the moment he does, Saleem follows suit in dropping to the ground outside the walls.

Once the guards within sight are dead, Saleem and shadows tiny figures in the distance vanish behind the Great Wall barricading the kingdom. The second they're gone, I grab onto the large branch hanging over me, swiftly I swing my body and drop from the trees. The wind soars in my ears for a split second before my bare feet land firmly on the freezing stone of the high wall.

The rest of my brothers and the Lycans follow suit like a flash, landing with precision in a long line either side of me. They look down at the huge city below, hundreds of houses littering the streets within, surrounding the large castle in the middle like a sea of weapons.

"The civilians, what happens to them?" Slovak asks me in a hush murmur. We could hear as could my army behind us, but the vampires could not.

"Kill them all. Use your blood to distract them" I mutter quietly, knowing how good the vampires hearing is.

The heavy rain drops from every inch of my body, as it does everyone else. Even if a fire somehow started inside the kingdom, there's no way it would last in this storm. The storm works to our advantage. It'll hide us in plain sight.

"What about the children?" Dominik asks me with narrowed eyes.

Children are innocent, even if they are the enemies spawns. Taking a life in which I can never give myself, is one thing that I never thought I'd do. But this is war, and in war many people die, many innocent people. Despite all of the hate that I have for this kingdom, the children have done nothing. They have no idea that their king enslaved the most powerful creature of this time so far, they have no idea that he broke her, her manipulated her mind, he controlled her, he beat her,...and he raped her.

"Locate Shadow and Saleem, have them put all children under the age of 16 to sleep. Only if they are marked as slaves, if not, kill them" I firmly tell him. His face drops at my words, his eyes flashing in shock but I didn't say anything, I'd already stepped off the other side of the wall and let myself fall through the air before my feet collided with the healthy grass. Nico, the very first Lycan of the Bain bloodline is the first to land beside me with a small thud, despite his heavy weight in muscle. He looks at me as I do him, our eyes connecting. We have a mutual bond of respect.