chapter 16.

Angel bains pov

4 days.

7 hours.

28 minutes.

17 seconds...

Staring blankly into the darkness, my wolf continues to count down in my head.

Why did I let her go? Every time I think about how I attacked her, my own mate, my heart twists painfully. My wolf hasn't spoke a word since I returned to my bedroom. I haven't eaten, showered or slept a full night since she left.

Why haven't I chased her? Simple, I don't deserve her. She deserves someone who can treat her like a queen, who can let her speak and not try to kill her constantly. She deserves someone who can love her.

It's been torture since she left but I know every ounce of pain I feel is nothing compared to the pain I've put her through.

A light knock on the door interupts my self pity party I'm having.

Ignoring it I flip onto my front and shut my eyes.

"Steel" my betas voice calls.

Growling I flip myself over again, he sits on the edge of my bed ignoring me.

"I might not know much about this whole mate thing, but what I do know is that we only get one. Whether you like it or not she needs you as much as you need her. Vampire or not, werewolf or not" he says meaningful.

I remain silent to process his words, he's never spoken to me like that. In fact he's never even dared to call me angel.

"She's hurt as much as you are, maybe more. She's worth over 2 million pounds, tell me of one person who wouldn't want that kind of money. I, for one know that if I was a rogue, I wouldn't pass up that chance for a second" he says pointedly.

I growl at him furiously, my wolf fueling my actions.

He shakes his head sighing "I'm not here as a beta. I'm here as a friend. Sure you've been a dick to her but she forgave you for that. After everything you've done to her, she's deserves better. I thought she meant more to you, we all did." He states before leaving.

My wolf perks up at his words, knowing it's exactly what we needed to hear.

Maybe he's right.