chapter 20.

Angels pov

"What would you like?" I ask gesturing towards the open pantry.

She flashes me a small grin it doesn't meet her eyes like normally which worries me.

"Anythings good" she shrugs, frowning I nod and start to grab the ingredients I need. How the hell did she survive with her cooking skills?

...

Grabbing our plates of food with a knife and fork I place hers in front of her taking note of her distracted face.

"Thanks" she says snapping out of her thoughts as her stomach growls. Sitting opposite her we eat in silence, why does she look so distracted? As soon as we finish I ask her exactly that.

"What do you mean?" She says frowning slightly, her tone guarded for no reason.

Lanas pov

"You keep spacing out" he says, his face creasing with concern. My eyes shift down to my now empty plate not being able to withhold his gaze without telling him.

"So where are we going?" I ask ignoring his earlier question.

He narrows his eyes "you'll see, and when we come back I want the truth" he states firmly. Sighing quietly I fold my hands and nod, ill just distract him so I don't have to.

"Angel" I say softly and stand up, suddenly feeling the need to touch him. He frowns concerned but pulls me into his lap almost instantly. Resting my head on his shoulder I lean in placing a small kiss on his jaw line.

He growls quietly in his chest "your acting strange" he says worriedly and looks down at me.

"Do you want me to stop?" I ask quietly, placing small feathery kisses along his jaw and on he corner of his lips. His hands tighten around my waist pulling me in closer, his jeans tight with need beneath me. Placing my legs either side of him I push my body closer.

His arms gently move me away from him slightly a minute later "no, we have somewhere to be lana" his voice deep, strained and husky. Pain shoots through my chest at his rejection but I know what I want.

Grabbing his face in my hands I straddle his legs, his eyes slightly above mine.

"You said and I quote 'I can't make you mine until I know you really want to spend the rest of your life with me'. I know what I want angel" I whisper holding his blue eyes with my own. I can see his guard slowly dropping for me.

"It's you. I. Want. You. I don't want you for the night, or the weekend. I want you for the rest of my life angel" I murmur not at all embarrassed of anything I'm saying. His eyes darken as I speak, his big hands sending tingles down my body as they tighten.

"Why?" He says, so quiet even my vampire struggled to hear him. His voice sounding vulnerable and lost as he looks down at me.

"Because I love you" I say softly after a moment of silence between us. His icy blue eyes widen before turning black so he can see me.

He lifts his thumb and runs it across my bottom lip, turning my head into his hand sighing I glance up at him.

"Are you sure you want this?" He mutters, his black eyes searching mine, waiting for me to back out.

"Take me to our bedroom" I order with a seductive grin giving him his answer. Instantly he stands and carries me through the house and up to the third floor.

He throws me on the bed but I land softly and laugh, leaning back on my elbows. Crawling to the end of the bed I grab his tight t-shirt and yank him towards me. Slamming my lips on his he grunts before grabbing me gently and laying me down with him hovering above me. His lips return to my skin once again, pressing against my neck trailing down. His hands roam the sides of my body before stopping at my top. He leans down pushing my top up to my boobs, placing small light kisses from bellow my bellybutton up. I twist my hands into his hair enjoying the electricity surrounding us. My skin heats up, my panties dampening slightly as he reaches my bra. He grabs my top and rips it off me leaving me in my bra.