chapter 50

~ chapter 50 ~

The door flung open and I knew who it was but I couldn't open my eyes and face him, I was useless either way.

"Lana" he breathed appearing at my side. I felt angry that I couldn't move. But I knew not to pity myself, one day the moon would forgive me but that day could be in thousands of years.

The doctors told me I still had control of my speech, I could talk and move my head a little. I could smile, blink, breath.

I just simply couldn't move.

The moons punishment was to teach me that even though I could do things as a human would I couldn't act on it, she wanted me to know I was below her and I couldn't change that.

"Can you..can you move?" He asked softly, sitting beside me. His closeness brought me no tingles. She'd removed me from feeling anything physically.

"No" I replied simply. He sucked in a breath, he didn't know what to say.

"I won't ask you to care for me angel, its not my place anymore and I know that so- "

"Shut up" he told me firmly. I looked at him raising an eyebrow.

"Your mine. At least now you can't leave me right?" He grins and I felt my lips tug slightly at the corners.

"Is she ok? Did she survive?" I ask him hopefully.

"She's with Markus..she's fine" he states and he sounded cold.

"Hey..look at me" I tell him softly. His eyes met mine and I smiled a little up at him.

"She wasn't supposed to survive, but she did. I went against her fate and this is my punishment. But..angel there's a war coming" I tell him.

He chuckles humorlessly. "There's always a war Lana, but we need you for this one. I need you. So accept whatever it is she's trying to teach you and join me" his words were a little harsh but his voice was soft so I knew not to take offence on anything.

"I wish I could..but its not that simple" I say annoyed. Not with angel. I was annoyed that I couldn't leave like planned, my presence would bring danger and we all know what happened in the last battle.

I couldn't loose angel again, I couldn't bare the pain.

"Then make it that simple" his voice was low, husky. I looked up at him with uncertainty but he simply lowered his head and pressed his lips against mine.

I could finally feel the tingles, even if they were only on my face. I didn't want this to end, him being so close after all these years and I kissed him back as if my life depended on it.

I wasn't how much time passed before he pulled away slightly to allow me to breath, I could see the lust in his eyes for me but he couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't feel anything until I learned my lesson.

"Would you like a bath?" He asked flashing me a teasing grin. My heart soared and my cheeks reddened slightly, even my emotions were like a humans.

"Its not like I can continue living like an animal" I reply rolling my eyes. He laughed deeply and picked me up, supporting my head and back so It didn't bring me harm.

"I liked the animal side of you" he replied as we entered the bathroom. He switched me so he could begin to run the bath and once it started filling he began to take my clothes off.

I wasn't a complete animal living in the forest, I used my blades to shave. And I'm glad I did in this moment.

It felt strange to be naked in front of angels prying eyes but it also felt natural, like I belonged here. Once I was completely nude he placed me in the bath, securely holding me with one arm to keep me up while he stripped naked skillfully.

"Have you done this before?" I ask grinning slightly with wonder, he smiled a little at me an climbed in behind me.

"Baby you were all my firsts, even now" he whispered in my ear, wrapping his huge arms around my waist and holding me between his legs. My head rested on his shoulder and his nose skimmed my skin breathing in my scent despite the filth on me.

"So you haven't been with anyone?" I ask him softly, I didn't watch overt him all the time. Just once or twice a year.

"My eyes are only for you Lana, even after 600 years" he replies just as soft. I couldn't stop the small smile that spread across my face.

"When I'm healed..I have something to show you" I tell him quietly and close my eyes as he begins trickling hot water down the sides of my face knowing I loved to feel the heat of it.

Even if it was something so small and simple I was glad he didn't forget, it warmed me inside. If felt as if no time had passed since the battle.

"What is it?" He replied softly. He grabbed a body scrubber and began to wash away all the dirt from me with strawberry shampoo. He must've kept buying the products I used after I left.

"You don't see what I see, you don't feel what I feel. Everyone has a place in this world. Chloe is the Luna to the most respected pack in the world, brother to the most powerful in the world. Your an alpha of a huge pack, your the one of the most powerful beings to walk the earth and yet you show me such..softness and love" my voice was quiet, he listened to me as I spoke.

"You deserve that and much more" he tells me and I smile a little.

"When I'm healed I'll show you my place amongst the world. I'll show you what I see, what I smell, what I feel, my thoughts..I'll even show you the moon" he looked at me confused when I spoke.

"Do you have special abilities now?" He asked curiously and I laughed a little.

"No" I shook my head grinning "thousands of years ago mates used to have special connections, they could show each other images through their eyes and more but over time it was forgotten about"

"God your sexy when you act smart" he mutters amused, his teeth gently grazing my earlobe.

"Baby I AM smart" I state. He kisses my jaw sweetly, I sigh and enjoy it.

"Its been so lonely here without you" he muttered quietly, his voice soft and vulnerable. My own heart tightened in pain, I wanted to comfort him, hug him and kiss him. But I couldn't.

That was when I realised.

THIS was my punishment. I had to watch my actions play out on the one person I love, I had to watch him in pain knowing i couldn't stop it. I couldn't leave. I was trapped here watching my own actions back fire against me.

For now angel would be forgiving. But once the idea of me not being able to leave set in his fury would return. He would turn against me, become my tormentor. And I was useless against him like this.

Angel has the most loving heart, until you betray him.

And that's exactly what I did. I betrayed my mate.

I turned the only one who loves me, against me.

***

Hi guys!

Please keep reading! Vote and comment what you think.

Sorry for the slow updates I've recently lost a family member so please bare with me xx

Thanks for reading :) :)