chapter 15.

Mikes pov

Her brother never mentioned this. She's not just any ordinary human/ hunter. No wonder she learnt so fast, no wonder she's feared by most of our large group of hunter's.

no wonder her brother has a soft spot for her.

Angels pov

'She's not human' my wolf whines, he whimpers in pain at the fact she lied to him.

Her speed, her hearing, her anger issues, her dominence, her flexibility, everything. It all makes sense now.

Dakota lana ferns pov

Clenching my fists I use all my willpower to fight the red and black dots that start to cloud my vision. Fear spikes my chest making me panic slightly, my throught closing up.

'Protect ours' a voice whisper echoes in the back of my mind. Her voice like silk yet deadly at the same time. She's the beauty, and she's the beast.

'You'll hurt the ones I care for' I whisper back scared.

'We feel the same' she whispers quietly.

I feel my control slipping from my fingers.

Angels pov

Shifting my eyes black I watch as her hair color lightens, her skin tone turning white, her stance turning threatening and still.

Normally she smells of mint chocolate, she now has spice mixed in.

My wolf growls feeling threatened by this new scent wanting to protect his mate.

"I fucking warned you bastards before, tell ridicuz ill kill him personally if he steps within fifty miles of my land. Brother or not. Dakota has already picked her side, as have i" her voice deadly, yet smooth at the same time.

My wolf growls lust fully almost making me look control. Almost.

Who the fuck is ridicuz?

"Ah, it's been a long time stelah. Your human been keeping you on a leash?" He taunts.

Stelah?

"Anybody care to explain what the fucks going on?" I growl.

Everyone turns to look at me including my mate. Her eyes the shade of what looks to be bright red.

"Angel" she smiles, two sharp teeth catching my attention. I eye her quesioningly, since when was my mate part fucking vampire?!

"I'm stelah" she says happily, if it wasn't for my alpha sight I wouldn't have been able to see her as she flings her body at me. She wraps her arms around me tightly, everyone watches us with suprise as I slide my hands around her waist.

"This explains a lot" I murmur in her ear. She giggles, wait what?

Since when does my mate giggle?

My wolf howls happily inside me, damn mutt, he's giving me a headache.

"thirty seven seconds" she whispers so low I barely heard her. She rips away from my hold, in under a second she's behind one hunter snapping his neck. She grabs them all one by one and kills them, not giving them the chance to attack anyone including her

Thirty seven seconds later she's back in my hold. Suprise is car on everyone's face, including mine.

"You lied to me" I state harshly, she steps back slightly. Her eyes turn to their normal color, her skin tone darkening to a tan, her stance softening.

"Technically i didn't lie, you just didn't ask" she says looking away from me.

Growling furiously I glare at everyone, the humans seeming to have left as soon as I appeared.

Chloe hides behind a male, who happens to be alpha markus. He's never bothered me so I see no reason to start a fight with him. Besides, he wouldn't dare challenge one of the strongest alpha in world.

Markus glares at me as his mate shows fear of me. My wolf growls warningly inside me making him back down when my wolf makes an appearance.

"Leave, take chloe with you" I grit out through clenched teeth.

Out the corner of my eye Dakota turns to me suprised and angry. Even chloe looks suprised and let's not forget hurt.

"I want to stay with you" Chloe admits quietly and steps out from behind markus. His eyes turn black at that.

"I don't want you in my pack" I growl.

Dakotas pov

Why is he being such a dick? 'This is your fault. I fucking warned you, you'll be lucky if he doesn't reject us' I spit to stelah, she whimpers and buries herself away inside me.

"Don't take it out in her" I say softly, stepping in front of him trying to block his view of her. His eyes snap to me with a dark look in them, cold and empty. Like when we met. He's covering his pain, protecting his feelings.

"Chloe, take your mate and his men somewhere safe" I order softly knowing she can hear me.

Angels eyes narrow but I hear chloe quickly do as I say, she can't ignore a command from someone above her. She's always been under an alpha so it's going to take a while for her to be equal to one.

Once they're all gone I look him in the eyes "I'd never lie to you" I break the thick silence surrounding us.

He scoffs "and I'm supposed to believe you, after this" he spits harshly, throwing me a dirty look.

"No, I wouldn't expect you to" I reply shaking my head.

"I know how it must look, first I'm a trained hunter and now this" I say understanding his reaction.

His stony expression never changing, instead looking more distant by the second.

"This is the first time she's made an appearance, the first time she's taken complete control. She did it to protect me, to protect chloe and to protect you" I say with attitude so he knows I'm being honest.

"Would it be any different if I was part wolf?" I ask knowingly.

"Or better yet, a complete human. I know me being what I am isn't exactly the type of mate you want"

He smirks "if you were a complete human then this would be a lot easier" he says darkly.

Frowning I back away slightly "what?" I ask confused.

He lunges at me faster than lightening taking me by suprise, I barely dodge his attack. Stelah joins me but not taking control, instead if fighting I move towards the trees.

Stopping I turn back to him "you broke your promise, I didn't break mine and I don't plan to. Remember that" my voice filled with pain and sadness. Swiftly turning from his swipe I use stelahs speed to zig zag through the forest.

Leaving everything behind me, including my mate.