chapter 34

~ Chapter 34 ~

The soft cry of the newborn filled the silent forest around us, I ignored the sound and focused on my surroundings. I could smell rotting flesh, dried blood as well as fresh, mixed in with the smell I knew to be angels father.

I was close.

Really close.

"Its been a long time stelah" a malicious laugh sounds and I continue walking already knowing that I was being circled. I've known for the past twenty minutes that they've been watching, but I gave nothing away.

"Ridicuz sent me a message, I'm here to send him one back" I reply laughing coldly, my voice distant and filled with ice.

"You made your choice. I smell those filthy mongrels all over you" he hisses long past furious.

"What can I say? They're good in bed, you should try it some time" I reply.

"I mean if you like it rough then a wolf girl would be perfect for you, they're wild" I smirk darkly, he grinds his teeth with revolt and anger.

"Stelah!" A deep voice echoes sending twisted fury through me, turning to face the animal I raise my eyebrow.

"Haven't changed one bit big brother" I comment scanning him quickly. He flashes me a wicked smile, his silver teeth shining brightly as he does.

"Nor have you little sister..tell me, did you finish the job?" He asks straight to the point.

"Do I ever let you down? The whole baby thing almost blew my cover, lucky you trained me so good" I smirk viciously, he returns the same look and approaches me. Nodding for his men to leave us be.

"I have to say..I almost believed you crossed sides, your act was brilliant" he grins darkly and I shrug slightly.

"He's an alpha Ridicuz, a flash of skin and a sway of hips has them begging at your feet" I reply with sickening amusement.

He chuckles "we have much to discuss you and I, but first..let's be rid of that thing shall we" shrugging I grab the baby's head twisting it, it snaps harshly and its heartbeat stops.

"Come" he motions turning away and walking towards his underground lair, as quick as lightening I inject my venom into the baby's heart before wrapping it inside its blankets and hiding it inside the thickest bush I could see.

Following him quickly with my head held high, no humanity in my eyes.

The eyes of a monster.

***

"I've never seen such good acting, especially the day at the beach. Now that was something" Jonah smirks showing his teeth.

"Tell me about it. It haunts my fucking dreams at night" I laugh grabbing a unopened can of cider.

"If I was you I would have torn those things apart. But you always new the better strategy so who am I to judge?" He chuckles.

"Speaking of. Where is the lycan?" I spat the word like poison, they moved away from me knowing of my temper.

"Right here sweetheart. Now you've been with my son surely you realise just how rough i can be?" His deep chillingly creepy voice says.

"Hmm..your son almost ripped me apart multiple times, I doubt you could do worse" I throw him a cold smile. His features darken with anger and he storms towards me.

I remain seated while he furiously grabs my head, slamming his lips down on mine. His claws cut into my skin and I clamped my mouth shut.

The hunters in the room froze, unsure if they should get him off me or leave us be. They feared him, but they knew what I could do. And that wasn't even half of it.

With one small shove he flew across the room smacking the concrete wall, putting a large hole through it as he collided with the floor on the other side.

In a flash I had him pinned, repeatedly punching him blow after blow. He couldn't move. For a minute anyway.

He changed into his lycan form and threw me across the room, I flipped through the air and successfully landed on my feet in a crouch.

"ENOUGH!" A booming voice roars. I wipe dust from my arms watching the lycan with dark hateful cold eyes.

"If we want this plan to work then you need to stop acting like pack animals both of you! Stelah your not one of them your a fucking hunter!" He fumes storming towards me. A sickening crack echoed around the room and i felt a sense of discomfort in my face.

I quickly realised he'd just broken my jaw.

"Just like old times I see brother" I mutter ignoring the pain and spitting out some blood from my bust lip.

"Don't take it personally stelah. Nobody's innocent" he hisses glaring at me.

"And him? You let a lycan into our legacy. A fucking lycan of all things brother!?" I hiss right back. I wasn't scared of him, I knew I would be punished. So I expected the blow to the gut, I expected the multiple punches.

"Go to your room." He spits at me, I glare at him before leaving. Refusing to show any pain as I walk away.

I could already feel my jaw healing thanks to my super healing.

As I layed on the sheet on the ground in my cell I thought about angel.

Is he ok? Will he have realised I'm gone? Will he look for me? Does he miss me?

I miss him. More than words can say.