Chapter 75

Sitting up sleepily I look towards the couch where angel had slept last night. I frowned when I saw that he wasn't their, but shrugged it off figuring he's woke early.

With the palms of my hands I rub my face, trying to get feeling back in it. Strange enough I felt stiffness around my eyes, and crusted liquid.

What the hell?

Last night I had the strangest dream, I could have sworn that angel was in the bed with me. Holding me. And he said something, but I don't remember.

If it was important I would have remembered, so I was probably imagining him with me.

Climbing from the bed I head into the Barholm to brush my teeth and show. Once I was clean and feeling refreshed, I dried myself and got dressed.

Tonight I leave. The king has to be stopped. He's looking for me, it'll be easier for me to get to him than anyone else. If a stranger showed up like I'm going to, they'd be killed. He would know that they mean to kill him, so his soldiers will take care of the person.

Heading downstairs to the kitchen where the smell of food was coming from I notice instantly that my mate isn't here. But I shrug it off, he doesn't like to eat around the other alphas.

"Where is he?" I ask the men that eat, talking business with one another.

"Don't tell him we said anything, but he said something about a surprise. But I don't know what it is!" Marcus puts in, holding his hands up in surrender at the last part.

Surprise?

I frown slightly, wanting my mate already.

"Did he say how long he'd be?" I ask arching an eyebrow. Marcus shrugs slightly.

"He said he'd speak to you tonight, but that he won't be back for a while. He had to leave in a rush, someone had arrived with something sooner than expected" Marcus explains to me.

I nod my head, Sighing lightly.

"Whatever" I grunt, snatching up a handful of bacon and eating it piece by piece.

"Once you're all done here, I need you all to get this mornings fresh meat from the containers and bring it down to base C, level 4" I tell them. They have no idea what's down there but they're about to find out.

Shoving the last few strips of bacon into my mouth, not caring that i looked like an animal. I head out of the kitchen. Heading into the meat room and taking a large pile of fresh meat from this morning in my arms, I ignore the stench and carry them as I make my way out of the main house.

My little creatures down in their current enclosure, are now old enough to begin their training. As much as I know they will try and defend themselves if they got attacked, they're only babies. Hopefully with a bit of training ill be able to strengthen the size of their bites, and make them more agile. Being only babies means that they're still not fully stable on their feet and they'll stumble occasionally.

Once I was outside their door I managed to open it with my foot, and pushed my body inside.

Instantly I could smell that they've emptied their bowels, and marked their territory.

The floor to the gigantic room shook slightly as my little creatures stormed over to me at neck breaking speed. I smiled and placed the meat on the table, not giving it to them yet.

Crouching down I took the little white tigress in my arms, she snuggled her silky soft head into my neck licking me. Her icy blue eyes closing for a few moments.