1

" Oh honey I'm gonna miss you so much" my mom cried pulling me into a hug. She has long jet black hair and brown eyes. She's a short lady with a curvy figure.

I sighed "ma don't cry it's just for the summer and I'll call you"

" I know it just won't be the same without you here every day"

"I know but Ma my flight is leaving I have to go I'll call you when I land okay?" She nodded as I walked off. I got on the plane and sat down in a window seat. I put in my earbuds then looked out the window. Right now I'm on a plane to go live with my dad and his family out in Tennessee for the summer. He has a wife and a daughter my age. I look to my left at my best friend asleep. Donald "Donnie" Smith has dirty blonde hair and light baby blue eyes while I have long jet black hair and bright green eyes. He is tall, lean and muscular while I have a medium sized chest, thin waist, and fat ass, as Donnie says. Donnie is what you call a player. He sleeps with lots of girls but is the sweetest funniest guy I know.

"Rave Raven wake up we're here" I yawned and stretched but got up. On our way to get our luggage, Donnie was flirting with every pretty girl he saw so I just ended up pulling him along. "Hey what was that for? I was about to get her number" he whined his Boston accent slipping out.

"Well sucks we have to get our stuff and find my dad." We got our luggage the looked for our names. We saw a sign 'Raven Steele and Donald Smith' I snorted and looked at Donnie. Donnie hates his name because he says and I quote " I'm not some damn duck with a fucking lisp"

"Don't even say it Rave" he said. I put my hands up in surrender.

My dad looks the same as he did the last time I saw him which was six years ago. He has the same light brown hair and the same green eyes as me. He had some scruff on his face and was wearing a nice business-like suit. He was an attractive man I guess I don't know he is my dad I don't see him like that.

"Raven baby how are you?" He gave me a hug which I awkwardly accepted. As you can tell I'm not really close with my dad so hugging him is kinda weird. Him and my mom dated in high school but broke up when he met his now wife. He got my mom pregnant so he paid child care checks to help and sent me Birthday cards with money every year. His wife had their kid three months after I was born. He was never there when I was growing up but my mom convinced me to spend the summer with him. I agreed but only if Donnie could come with. I couldn't spend my last summer without my best friend.

"And Donald it's nice to meet you" My dad extended a hand and I snorted. Donnie shot me a look and I shut up. He shook my dad's hand.

"It's Donnie but it's nice to meet you too sir." they shook hands.

"Alright well, the house is pretty isolated so it will be a long drive" Donnie and I looked at each other and sighed. We are both really athletic and active people so having to sit down for a long time is hard for us. That is why we sleep on plane rides. We are both cross country runners while Donnie is also a soccer player and I'm also a dancer.

We grabbed our bags and made our way to the car. We stopped at a car and Donnie and I froze. My dad has a Lambor-FUCKING-ghini. My dad grabbed our bags and put them in the car as Donnie and I were still in shock. "T-this is your car," I asked with my mouth hanging open.

"Yep now hop in," he said casually.

Donnie and I shared a look before we both shouted "shotgun"

I tripped Donnie then quickly jumped in the front. "I hate you" he signed. Yes signed. Donnie's parents are deaf so he knows sign language and he taught me when we were younger.

I blew him a kiss "I love you too"

"Wait are you two dating?" asked my dad.

I gagged and we both yelled " hell nah"

"We are best friends nothing else he's more my brother than anything."

"Yeah she's like my sister I could never see myself with her"

"Yeah and plus he isn't my type."

He gasped and put his hand over his heart in mock hurt. "What? How could you say that? I'm everyone's type and what about our kids?"

"KIDS?" The car stopped and we lurched forward.

"Yeah, we share custody of our pet fishes, Nemo, dory, and flounder." Dad made an 'o' shape with his mouth and continued driving. The rest of the trip was taken up by Donnie and I singing along with the radio. When we got there you wouldn't believe what we saw.

"O" "M" "G" Donnie and I exclaimed. My dad lived in a freaking mansion. "This is your house?"

He nodded as he grabbed our bags and brought them into the house. Donnie and I shared a look before shrugging and following my dad into the house. Walking in, we saw a huge foyer right as we walked in, a kitchen to the right, more rooms going straight and a set of stairs to the left going up and down. Holy shit. My dad is a fucking millionaire.

"Do you like it?" he asked us.

"Like it? I love it." I said.

"I'm glad, now come and meet the family." we followed behind my dad and walked into a living room. There were two people sitting waiting for us.

"Hi sweetie, I'm Milinda it's so nice to meet you." I shook hands with a middle-aged woman with blonde shoulder length wavy hair and bright blue eyes. She was above average height but still shorter than my dad, Donnie and i.

Next was my half-sister who was three months younger than me. "Hi I'm Piper." said a girl with hair like her mother and light green eyes. She is about 5'4", pretty short to my 5'10".

"I'm Raven and this is Donnie."

We all shook hands before dad showed us upstairs to our rooms. We walked up two flights before we got to the floor he said we would be staying on. Our rooms were to the far right, right next to each other. We opened the door to our rooms and walked in. My jaw dropped. It was huge. It had a living area, its own bathroom, a walk-in closet, and a huge king sized bed. I started laughing and running around the room.

Donnie came in and was laughing as well. "Can you believe it? This place is huge."

"I know right." I ran over to the closet. "Look at this it already has clothes in it."

My dad walked in and looked at us weirdly. "Everything okay? If it isn't big enough we can-"

"Isn't big enough? The room is bigger than our entire apartment back home." I laughed.

"Oh well, I'm glad you both like it. Dinner will be in about an hour so I'll let you two get settled in."

We nodded and my dad left. "Can you believe we will be living here all summer?"

"No, doesn't seem real. I mean damn who knew my dad was so rich." He nodded and got up and left my room. I jumped on the bed and sighed.

It's gonna be a crazy summer...

**********************************************************************************************
Hey everyone so this is the first chapter in my new book! I hope you liked it and the next update will be next weekend! Thank you so much for reading! And those of you who read this the first time it was published welcome back!