15

After a fun day, even after Xavier and Lorenzo left, at the carnival, we brought Maggie back home before going back to the house. We parked in the driveway and climbed out to see Xavier and Lorenzo walking out of the woods. "Are you guys okay? You left early."

Xavier said nothing as Lorenzo spoke. "We're fine, our wolves needed a run."

We all walked inside the house and I stopped when I saw a woman standing in the entryway. "Mom?"

She smiled lightly but her smile didn't meet her eyes. "Hello, Raven."

I smiled. "What are you doing here? You didn't tell me you were coming up for a visit."

"This isn't a visit honey," she said. "I don't know how to tell you this but i- i'm dying."

I tilted my head in confusion. "What? I don't understand. Are you sick?"

She was about to answer when she flickered like she was a projection. "Honey I don't have too much time to explain. I've kept a lot of things from you. Honey, I love you so much and i'm so sorry for lying to you all these years."

"Mama?" I whimpered.

"You are part werewolf and part witch. When you were born I locked away your wolf and your powers in hope that you can have a normal protected life," she said. "I'm here to tell you that when i'm gone, your powers and your wolf will come out."

I shook my head tears threatening to come out. "Ma please we can help. You can get better."

She shook her head. "It's okay honey. It's my time, I've already lived more than I've deserved." she flickered again this time looking more in pain. "I love you more than everything in the universe Raven."

Her eyes closed and she fizzled out with glowing light around her. The light flashed towards me and hit me. I fell to my knees and screamed in agony. "NO"

The light bulbs burst all around me and the ground shook. "Raven" whispered Donnie. He kneeled down beside me and touched my shoulder.

I shrugged him off of me and stood up. I walked past the others and out the door. I took off my heels before I started running. I ran through the woods tears streaming down my face. I ran deep into the woods. I stopped running and sank down against a tree. I brought my knees up to my chest and held my head as I cried.

Hello Raven.

I heard a voice say. I brought my head up and looked around. "What the hell? Who's there?"

I am Artemis.

"Holy shit," I whispered. "How is this possible?"

Mother is dead. So Artemis is no longer stuck behind wall.

This is crazy. I thought.

Artemis knows. Artemis is sorry about mother.

"Artemis I understand you are just now able to talk to me but can I be alone for a little while?" I asked.

Yes, Raven. Artemis goes now. I sat in silence listening to the leaves move in the breeze and the sounds of the creek. My head snapped to the left when I heard the sound of twigs snapping. A huge black wolf was slowly walking towards me. My eyes widened and my breath hitched. The wolf stopped when it saw I was frightened and slowly laid itself on the ground. Mate Artemis whispered before retreating into the back of my mind.

"Xavier?" I whispered.

The wolf started to shake his head but then nodded its head. He slowly made his way towards me. Its paw reached out and using its paw wrote out a single word.

"Zeus," I said. "Your name is Zeus?" He nodded his head. I chuckled. "I'm talking to a wolf that can write its name." I sniffled and wiped away a stray tear.

He crawled closer to me slowly to see if I would back away. When I didn't, which surprised both of us, he brought his head next to me. I brought my hand up and touched his head. My hand snapped back when I felt a spark and not the electric kind. I placed my hand back on him and stroked his fur. Somehow just touching him made me feel a bit better. He laid his head on my lap making me groan. I lifted him up off my lap. He whined and softly barked in protest.

"You're too heavy," I whined. He laid down next to me as I continued petting his head and back. I yawned and laid my head against the tree closing my eyes. When I opened my eyes again it was completely dark outside. I saw that instead of leaning against the tree my head was laying across Zeus' stomach. I sat myself up and Zeus did the same. He licked my cheek making me wipe the slobber with the back of my hand. He circled around behind me and lightly pushed against my back. "What? You wanna go?"

He nodded his head and softly barked. I put my heels back on and stood up. When I stood up Zeus was up to my stomach. I slowly walked alongside Zeus back towards the house. He moved back a bit and bumped my ass with his nose.

I turned around to him. "What the hell? Don't do that." I started walking again. A few seconds later he bumped my butt again. I turned back around in annoyance. "What did I just say? What do you want?"

He pushed my legs open with his nose before laying on the ground on his stomach. He whimpered.

"You want me to ride you?" I asked. He looked like he was smirking at me. "Oh shit, I mean you want me on your back?"

He softly barked and nodded in response. I took a breath in and walked towards him. I lifted one leg over him and sat on his back lightly holding his fur. He stood up to his full length and started walking. It took us about twenty minutes to get back to the house.

Donnie and the others were sitting on the steps in front of the front door. Donnie looked up and stood up but didn't make his way towards us. His eyes kept moving between me and Zeus. I lightly pulled on his fur getting him to stop. I pushed myself off of him and walked to Donnie. I wrapped my arms around him as he did the same. "I'm so so sorry Ravy. Your mom was the best."

I sniffled. "I can't believe she's dead."

Ryan walked over and rubbed my back kissing the top of my head. "I'm so sorry baby girl."

I released Donnie and wrapped my arms around Ryan and cried into his chest. "She was all by herself. She died alone." I whimpered.

He patted my hair softly. "No baby girl, she died saying goodbye to her daughter. She didn't die alone."

I heard the soft sounds of bones cracking behind us. I turned around to see a now naked Xavier. My jaw almost dropped as I quickly fixed my eyes on his eyes. He softly chuckled and smirked at me. Lorenzo threw him a pair of shorts which he put on. "Thank you" I whispered.

He nodded and gave me a small smile. "Always."

***********************************************************************************************

Well that was exciting. A lot of new questions are probably forming in your minds but don't worry they will be answered in the coming chapters!