28

I silently got out of my bed and walked into the closet. I threw on a black sports bra and leggings. I walked back out to grab a blanket before leaving the room. I made my way to the library. Looking through the shelves of books, I found the one I wanted. I left the library and went outside to a patch of grass. I laid out my blanket and sat down.

I heard a growl. I turned my head to see Zeus holding a pair of shorts in his mouth. He shifted showing me his naked self. I quickly turned my head. "What are you doing outside little mate?"

"Reading."

"Why aren't you wearing a shirt?"

I turned my head to see him now wearing the shorts. "Why aren't you?"

He looked at me confused. "I just shifted."

"I know." I chuckled. "It's hot, I didn't feel like it."

"What are you reading?"

"The fairy's mistake," I Said looking at it. "my mother used to read it to me."

"Will you read it to me?"

I shrugged. "I suppose."

He came around and sat beside me. I was about to start when he picked me up and sat me on his lap. "May I?"

I chuckled. "Usually you ask before doing but I'll let it slide. I like you more than Xavier."

He kissed the back of my head. "I'm glad."

"Once upon a time-"

"Alpha Xavier, Luna." A man said running up to us.

Zeus growled at the man. He covered my body with his hands. I grabbed his hands to take them off my chest. "What?" He growled.

I turned my body and laid my head on his chest running my hands up and down his arms to calm him. "Forgive me. The queen mother asked me to fetch you. You two must prepare for the ball."

"We'll be right there, thank you," I Said. The man bowed his head in respect before leaving us.

He hugged me tighter. "Please don't go. We have time."

"Won't your mother be angry?"

"I am king."

I sighed. "Once upon a time in the village of..." I read him the story from start to finish. The whole time he just held me, never speaking. The most he did was kiss my neck and softly but innocently touch my bare skin. I closed the book. "I think it's time to go."

I stood up and turned around. I looked down to see him holding his head. A few seconds later his eyes turned blue. "I cannot believe he took over for this long."

"Is something wrong?"

"I had things to do before the ball and now I won't be able to."

"I'm sorry," I Said. "Zeus said he wanted me to read to him and-"

"And What are you doing outside without a shirt?" He growled standing up. "You are the future queen and you are dressing like a hooker."

My mouth dropped. I grabbed my things. "Zeus is sweet and kind to me but you- you are just an asshole." I stormed off.

"Raven wait" he caught up to me turning me around. "I'm sorry. You're right, I need to work on my attitude."

I pulled my arm from him. "You should go, you have things to do right?"

He sighed. "You never gave me an answer dulce." I looked at him confused. "About being introduced as my mate."

I ran my hand through my hair. "I don't know Xavier."