11

Xavier's POV

"What did you say?" I whispered slightly shocked.

She smiled. "Xavier is mate," she said. She spoke differently than she normally does. "Xavier is mine."

"Raven you aren't acting normal," I said. "You're drunk."

She was about to speak again when Donnie lifted her up by her waist and spun them around. When she was back on her feet Raven shook her head and took his arm away from her waist. "You are not mate. Only mate can touch."

Donnie rolled his eyes and blew out a breath of annoyance. "Ugh damn. Boring Raven is back. C'mon guys, Raven isn't gonna be any more fun tonight. Let's get her home." he kissed Maggie's cheek before grabbing Piper. "Xavier grab Raven will you?"

I nodded. "Raven c' mon," I said.

She smiled grabbing my hand and walking us out. We caught up with Donnie and Piper outside of the house. We walked down the street to where the car was parked and hopped in. Piper got in the driver's seat with Donnie in the passenger and raven and me in the back. As we started driving Raven crawled into my lap and laid her head on my chest. I held her small body tight to mine as she placed her head on my heart listening to my heartbeat. When we got to the house we all got out. "Hey do mind walking Piper inside so I can talk with Donnie?" She nodded and kissed my cheek. "Are you gonna explain what's up with Raven?" I asked Donnie.

He chuckled. "Every time she drinks a certain amount of beer and does some form of drugs along with it she has some alter ego thing. She talks in broken up sentences and gets mad if anyone but her 'mate' touches her."

"Her mate?" I asked. He nodded. I walked inside and over to Raven. "Can you tell me your name beautiful?"

She smiled at my term of endearment. "I am Artemis."

I grabbed her hand and walked us upstairs to her room. I closed the door behind us and sat down on the bed beside her. "Artemis, who is Raven to you?"

"Raven is my human."

"And you're her wolf?" I asked. She nodded her head smiling at me. "Does Raven know?"

She shook her head. "Raven does not know. Artemis can only come out when wall is weak."

"The wall?" I asked.

"Witch put spell on Raven and Artemis. Artemis can not speak to Raven. Artemis can not shift." Her face brightened up and she slowly climbed on my lap straddling me much to my surprise. "But Artemis has mate. Artemis found mate." She said smiling.

I stroked her cheek with the back of my hand. "Yes, you did. I have the most beautiful mate." She smiled at me and leaned forward bringing her lips to mine. I felt the instant spark but even more, as her lips melded with mine. She kissed me slow her tongue running along my bottom lip. Our tongues danced together in perfect rhythm. It took every ounce of control in me to pull apart from her. I sighed. "We can't."

She tilted her head and a hint of sadness appeared in her eyes. "Mate does not want Artemis?"

I shook my head and rested my hands on her thighs. "Of course I want you. I want both of you. Do you think Raven would be okay with this?"

She looked down and thought about it for a moment. "Raven would not like this," she said sounding disappointed. "But Artemis loves mate."

I leaned forward and kissed her forehead letting my lips linger. "And I love you beautiful, but Raven doesn't love me."

"Raven is attracted to mate," she said. "But Raven is scared."

"Scared of what?"

She shook her head. "That is secret. Artemis can not share a secret of Raven. Artemis is sorry."