12

And a special dedication to @JPowell1990 (Also being dedicated a chapter on "Don't Mess With the Queen) who seems to love this story just as much as I do! Thank you for reading and for all the comments and feedback!

I snuggled deeper into my hard yet surprisingly comfortable pillow. I breathed in the alluring scent of pine trees and peppermint. I rolled over onto a hard surface and I heard a groan from under me. I froze as an arm wrapped around my lower back. Fuck did I sleep with someone from the party last night? I lifted myself up and opened my eyes to see a sleeping Xavier under me. He opened his eyes and lazily rubbed them. "Morning."

I pushed myself off of him and scooted myself to the bottom edge of the bed. "What the fuck? What the hell happened last night?"

He sat himself up and leaned against my headboard. "Nothing happened."

"Bullshit." I sneered. "You sick sadistic bastard. You knew I was drunk and had sex with me for some creepy werewolf mate thing."

I went to go hit him and as I did he grabbed my wrist. I tried to slap him with my other hand but he grabbed my wrist again. I started struggling against him. He quickly flipped us over making me underneath him. He had my hands pinned next to my head and his legs were keeping mine from moving. "I would never touch you without your permission. You were drunk and asked me to stay with you. That's all that happened."

"You're lying," I whispered.

"Dammit Raven why would I lie?" he growled. "I am not some monster. I'd never harm you. You are my mate and that means you are my life. Everything I do now in life is to make you happy."

I turned my head to the side. "Let me go," I whispered.

"Not until you promise me you won't hit me when I do."

"I promise." he let me go and climbed off of me. He sat on the bottom edge of the bed facing me. "Okay we didn't have sex but I can see it in your eyes, something did happen."

He sighed and nodded. "I met Artemis."

I scrunched up my eyes in confusion. "Artemis? My- my drunk alter ego?"

"Not exactly," he said. "Artemis isn't your drunk alter ego... she's your wolf."

I chuckled and shook my head. "No. No, my dad said that I couldn't have a wolf."

"Well, I met her last night. She told me that a witch put a spell on you so that your wolf couldn't speak to you or shift," he said. "I'm having Lorenzo look into any witches or covens that would be powerful enough to that."

"Okay. What else happened?" he was about to speak when I interrupted. "And don't say nothing. I can see it in your eyes and I can feel that your lying."

"You- uh Artemis was very touchy last night," he said. "And she kissed me."

"But Donnie always told me that Artemis didn't like to be touched by guys."

He nodded. "She doesn't but I'm not just some guy I'm your mate. She knows that and I mean a lot to her. The only person that she loves more than me is you."

"Thank you for telling me the truth," I whispered. "I'd like to be alone now please."

He sighed. He stood up and walked to my door. His hand was on the doorknob when he stopped and turned around. "I understand this is hard for you to process. You're my life and I'll do everything in my power to make you happy while being with me."

He walked out of my room and closed the door behind him. I leaned my head back on the headboard and closed my eyes. I heard the door open a few minutes later. I opened my eyes to see Donnie walking in with two plates of biscuits and gravy and a cup of coffee. "Hey, Ravy."

I smiled. "What's this?"

"Well the best thing for you after a hangover was always coffee and for me it was food," he said. "But I couldn't make biscuits and gravy for myself without making some for my best friend."

I smiled as he handed me a plate and the cup. "You're the best you know that?"

He shrugged. "I know." he sat down on the bed and we both started eating. "So what happened with you and Xavier last night? I didn't hear any banging or noises so..."

I rolled my eyes. "Nothing happened."

He took another bite of food and spoke. "You see I'd believe that if you weren't wearing one of your slutiest sleeping sets."

"Okay, one, don't speak with your mouth full. I don't need to see your chewed up food," I said. He rolled his eyes. "And two he said all we really did was sleep."

"That's also weird," he said. "Whenever you got like this and for some reason called yourself Artemis, you hated being touched."

"That's another thing," I said. "Apparently Artemis is my wolf."

He rose an eyebrow at me. "Your dad said you didn't have one."

"I know. But I guess I do," I said. "Donnie, what do I do? I have a fucking soulmate and apparently, I'm a werewolf."

He grabbed our plates and set them on the bedside table. He sat down next to me and I laid my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. "I don't think I can tell you what to do Ravy. This is some messed up shit but you know what?" he kissed the top of my head and rubbed my arm up and down. "No matter what you decide to do I'll always be here for you."

"thank you."

" I love you little bird," he said as he kissed my head again.

I smiled. "You haven't called me that in years," I said. "I love you duck. To the moon and back."

***********************************************************************************************
I never want people to underestimate the importance of guy best friends. It makes my day when my guy best friend just knows when I'm having a bad day and does whatever he can to make me smile.

Anyway, make sure to vote and comment and check out "The Princess and the Devil" and "Don't Mess With the Queen"! Let me know how y'all are liking this story so far, I love reading your comments!