43

"What are you talking about?" asked Serena holding Xavier back. Xavier grabbed my wrist tapping the tattoo to alert Draco.

"Raven is my mate. I've already marked her," he said. He smirked at me. "Isn't that right sweetheart?"

"I i i-uh he bit me once during sex," I started turning to Xavier. "But not the way you did, I never felt the bond with him."

"You can't mate with someone who isn't your mate, she could've died," said Serena.

Raven did.

I did what Artemis?

When Simon mated with Raven, Raven fell into a coma and died. Mother brought Raven back and erased every trace of the mark.

Artemis said I did die and a witch cured me. Xavier looked at me confused. My mother. He nodded. I turned back to Simon. "Why would you mate with me when i'm not your mate?"

"You are my mate," he growled. "You're the love of my life."

Xavier growled, putting his arm out in front of me. "I promise you that she's my mate. Lun even said she's mine." his eyes glowed with a ring of gold around his blue eyes. "She's my mate and my future queen."

"We'll see about that," he smirked with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Raven, would you dine with me this evening?"

"Never going to happen."

"How about we let Raven decide?" he chuckled. "I'm sure she'd love to see Maggie and her mate."

"What are you talking about?" I whispered.

"I heard about the new queen luna who knew nothing of our lifestyle. I went to the little ball where you were introduced and I knew I had to get you back. I will admit I improvised taking Maggie but I knew I could get you to do what I needed if I had her."

"What do you want?"

"For right now, just dinner alone."

"I'm not letting you alone with her," growled Xavier. I looked up at him touching his cheek. He looked into my eyes. "Raven no."

"I need to do this," I whispered. He shook his head. "He has Maggie and Lorenzo."

"Lorenzo can fend for himself," said Xavier. "I'm not going to let him take you especially if he thinks you're his mate."

Draco knows i'm in trouble so he will come to help and he doesn't know i'm a wolf or a witch.

I don't want you with him. I heard the general summary of what he did to you and I don't trust him.

I don't trust him but I have to protect Maggie and Lorenzo. They are my pack now.

He smiled softly at me. "Fine, she'll have dinner with you but she is to be returned to me when you are finished."

"Dinner it is." He smirked. He snapped his fingers. One of his men came up to us with a white dress box. The guy handed it to me, bowed his head, and walked back to the group. "Wear this tonight, like old times."

I nodded. "Let's go," I said out loud to Xavier, Serena, Donnie, and Oliver and through the mind link to the pack.

As I turned to walk away I heard Simon shout after me. "I'll see you soon sweetheart."

We didn't say anything the whole walk back. The older members of the pack had set up tents for us to stay in tonight. Oliver bowed his head and left to most likely see his daughter. The four of us walked into the big tent. "There is no way in hell Raven is going anywhere alone with him," yelled Donnie.