52

Thank you @bubble_gupee for the feedback on my story! I'm glad you enjoyed "The Princess and the Devil" even though it was long and I'm sorry you thought their wedding scene was cliche.

"We're leaving," said Xavier slamming the bedroom door behind us. "First he attacks us and then he uses his powers on you, he'll be lucky if I don't start a war with him when we get home."

"Xavier," I said softly. I put one hand on his chest and rested my other hand on his cheek. He closed his eyes leaning into my hand. "I need to stay and challenge him. He doesn't deserve to be on this throne."

"This isn't your fight."

"My mother was going to challenge him after she was mated with Eylan but when he died I don't think she could bring herself to live in this life without him. She knew in her heart that Kasper did not deserve the crown," I said. "I need to finish what she started."

He leaned his forehead against mine. "I won't stop you from pursuing what you believe in."

"I know you're won't."

There was a knock at the door. I waved my hand unlocking it. We turned around as she walked in. "Princess Raven, Alpha King Xavier," bowed a young girl. She looked to be only twenty-five but I knew looks could be deceiving. "I am Maive Valon, I work in the palace and have come to speak with you on an urgent matter."

"Alright. What is it?"

"It's better if I show you," she reached out her hands to us. "Take my hand."

I reached out for her but Xavier grabbed my wrist. "No offense but the king did attack us earlier, I don't trust anyone in this palace under his rule."

"I'm not under his rule," she said. Xavier scoffed leading me to smack his arm. "Prince Iroek is my mate but neither the queen nor the king knows. I want nothing more than the king to be taken off the throne and someone just to once again sit on the throne."

"Why doesn't the king know?"

"After what happened to lord Eylan, Iroek did not want the enemies of the throne to take me from him," she explained. "Please, I only wish to help. I have a message from your mother."

"My mother?"

She nodded. She reached out her hands for us again. "Let me show you."

"How are you going to show us?" asked Xavier skeptically.

"My power allows me to glimpse into the past if I'm invited. People don't realize they invite me and I can go exploring into the past almost anywhere I please. Your mother consciously invited me knowing someone would have my power. She told me where to go, what to look for and asked me to bring you to her when you came to this kingdom."

I stepped forward reaching out my hand. Xavier grabbed me by my waist pulling me back to him. "Raven no."

"I trust my mother so that means I have to trust her," I said pulling his arms off of me. "You don't have to come with me if you don't want to."

He sighed. "I'm coming with you but I don't like this."

We each took one of her hands. "Now make sure you are holding onto her. Bringing Raven is easy but bringing a non-witch is a little tricky, she will keep you in the past with us. If she lets go of you, you'll be brought back here."

Xavier interlocked his fingers with mine. Her eyes went white and she threw her head back. "Hamen vaapas ateet mein bhejen (हमें वापस अतीत में भेजें Send us back to the past)."