44

I slowly opened my eyes as the sound of the door opening filled my ears. Simon walked in with a smile on his face and two cups of coffee in his hands "Good morning sweetheart, did you sleep well?"

"Oh sure after I got used to the chains," I said, tugging at the silver chains wrapped around my wrist and ankle. "I slept like a baby."

He set the cups on the ground beside me. "Let me take these off for you," he said as he kneeled down in front of me. On his knees, he was my height with me sitting on the cot. He unlocked both of the chains. I rubbed the red burns on my wrist. I reached back and punched him in the nose. His head snapped back. He sucked in a breath through his teeth and breathed out harshly. "Feel better?"

"Much," I said. I snapped my fingers. My face scrunched up in confusion. "What did you do to my magic?"

"The tent is titanium lined, you can't use your powers in here."

He handed me one of the cups of coffee. I accepted it and took a sip. He walked over to the reclining chair next to the cot sitting down. "So what do you want to do today?"

"I want to go home."

"Well, I guess I can book us a flight back to Boston-"

"Moldova."

"Excuse me?"

"I live in Moldova now with Xavier, Serena, Donnie, Maggie, and Lorenzo."

"That's cute," he chuckled. We both took a sip of coffee. "Now be serious, what do you wanna do? We can watch a movie, go for a walk, have a lot of sex?" I rolled my eyes. He chuckled. "We can wait a bit on that last one."

"A movie sounds fine."

He smiled. "Perfect." he stood up and took my empty cup. "I'll go get a laptop and some movies, any preferences?" he asked. I shook my head. He looked at the chains beside me. "Do I have to put those back on?"

I shook my head pleading with my eyes. "I'll be good I promise."

"Okay, I'm trusting you. I'll be back in a minute sweetheart."

As he left the room, Xavier mind linked with me. Dulce, we're coming for you. Can you tell me where you are?

I walked over to the slit in the tent. There were guards posted outside the tents so I knew I couldn't make a run for it. I see a curvy tree?

How close are you to the tree? I'm sure I can find it.

About ten tents away.

Okay, Dulce, I'll be there soon.

Hurry. I heard shouting and barking so I knew they were here. Simon came back with a glare on his face. He set down the laptop and DVDs. I smirked. "He's here for me isn't he?"

Simon rolled his sleeves up. "I am sorry for this sweetheart." he walked over to me. Grabbing me by the throat, he threw me to the ground. He grabbed my ankle, stepped on my thigh, and snapped my leg in half. I screamed in agony. "Tell the king to stand down."

Dulce! I feel your pain, what is he doing?

"Simon stop please." I cried as he grabbed my arm, snapping my elbow making my arm go limp. I screamed again.

"Tell him to stand down or I swear to Lun I will break every bone in your body."

Xavier stand down.

Simon picked me up carefully and set me back down on the cot. He sat down beside me. "Give me your hand," he whispered. I whimpered. "Give me your hand. " he ordered.