22

I would also like to to take a moment and thank @nattie2254 @babyitsalyssacx @love_dream120 @ermainenichole @kiaramcca @iloveyouall3000 @lolob2022 @Ryanisirreverent for taking time out of their day to ease my anxieties about writing. It really did mean a lot to me and I can't thank y'all enough.

I opened my eyes and sat up. I looked around to see I was back in the cell from before. This time I was by myself, Maggie wasn't here. I looked down to see I was my hands were chained to my ankles and my ankles were chained to the wall. I brought my hand up a bit and focuses on the keyhole. I focused hard but nothing was happening. "Artemis why isn't my magic working?"

Titanium chains.

"I can't do magic touching titanium?"

Titanium bad for witches. Silver bad for wolves. Titanium and silver chains.

I sighed. I leaned my head against the wall and closed my eyes. A few minutes later the sound of the door opening hit my ears. I opened my eyes to see a set of guards at the door. "Queen Luna we are here to escort you to the throne room." said the same guard that I tricked before.

"Well, you know as fun as that sounds i'm kinda liking this cell so I think i'll just stay here."
I said. "I'd ask you to just let me go but we all know how that worked out last time."

The second guard, a shorter skinnier looking guy, spoke softly. "Queen luna the king has informed us that this is not a request."

I smiled. "Well, you tell my lovely mate that he can shove his request up his ass. Now get out," I ordered.

The two men bowed their heads respectively before leaving me alone again. I leaned my head against the wall again. "SHE SAID WHAT?" I heard from somewhere outside of the cell. I heard loud footsteps coming towards me. I quickly stood up and stayed by the wall, not really being able to go anywhere with my ankles chained. The door slammed open to reveal a fuming Xavier. He made his way over to me, eyes burning with rage. When he got right in front of me he brought his hand up and pushed me against the wall by my throat. He lifted me up by my throat so that I was now hovering above the ground. My hands wrapped around his wrists struggling to pull them away from me. I brought my knee up and kicked him in the crouch. He let me go and I dropped to my feet. I brought my hands up and tried to hit him with the chains. He caught my wrists before he got hit and brought one hand up slapping me across my face sending me flying to the wall.

I fell to the ground my hands just barely breaking my fall. I brought one hand up and touched my stinging cheek. I felt some tears come to my eyes. I blinked them away but not before one tear fell from my eye. Upon seeing my tear his eyes turned from their normal blue to their shining gold. He looked guilty and sad. He started making his way towards me. I scooted away from him. "Get away from me," I whispered.

He stopped moving and squatted down in front of me. "Xavier hurt mate," he said. "But Zeus can help mate."

I shook my head. "Just leave me alone."

"Zeus would never hurt mate. Zeus loves mate, more than Zeus loves Zeus."

"Xavier says he loves me." I sneered. "You don't hurt the ones you love," I shouted.

"Mate."

"No," I said firmly.

His face grew sad. "Mate is upset. Mate does not mean that. Zeus will leave now."

He stood up and walked to the door. As he placed his hand on the door handle he took another look at me before walking out. I scooted to the corner of the room and brought my knees up to my chest. I turned my head and laid my cheek on my knees and wrapped my arms around my legs.