32

I woke up to someone kissing my forehead. I opened my eyes to see Xavier leaning over me. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"Where are you going?" I asked sitting up. He was wearing a white buttoned-up shirt and black suit pants. He shrugged on a black suit jacket rolling the sleeves up.

"Lorenzo and I have a meeting with the alphas and betas that were at the ball last night."

"Is my dad gonna be there?" I asked.

"No, I told him he could leave with Donnie and your sister." I opened my mouth to speak but he stopped me. "Donnie is going to come back. I sent him home to pack and talk with his parents."

"Oh okay."

I leaned up and pecked his lips. He smiled softly. "Why are you being like this?"

"I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life with you so I might as well try to be with you."

He grabbed my chin kissing me softly. "Don't do anything you aren't comfortable with okay?" I nodded. "I'll have breakfast sent up to you."

"Thank you," I whispered. "Will I see you later?"

He nodded. "I should be able to eat lunch with you if you're okay with that?"

"Yeah, I'd like that."

He kissed my forehead. "For me can you stay in the bedroom?" I pursed my lips at him annoyed. "Not because I don't trust you but because I don't necessarily trust the people here. They could try to start a coup by taking you from me."

"They take me to be king?" I asked. He nodded. "Okay, I'll stay here."

"Thank you." He pecked my lips again before leaving the room.

I got up and went to shower. I washed with the vanilla shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. I stepped out wrapping a towel around my body. I heard a knock at the door. I grabbed another small towel to start drying my hair. I walked to the door opening it up. There was a lady with a tray of food. "Come in, you can just set it on the bed."

Xavier?

Yeah, Dulce?

How did you get breakfast up here this fast?

I mind linked with the chef when I woke up this morning.

She bowed her head as she walked out. I closed the door and walked back into the bedroom. On the tray were two sunny-side-up eggs, a slice of toast, and a bowl of fruit. Thank you

You're welcome Dulce

I sat down on the bed. I ate my food and set the tray by the door when I was finished. I went into the closet and put on leggings and a sports bra. I was brushing my hair when the bedroom door was slammed open. "Raven?"

Lorenzo ran into the bedroom. "What's going on?" I asked. He looked at me before going into the closet. I stood up. He walked back in and started trying to pull a shirt on me. "Lorenzo?"

"I'm sorry just put the shirt on."

I shrugged the shirt over my arms and started buttoning up the shirt. "What is going on Lorenzo?"

He grabbed my hand. He pulled me and we walked out of the bedroom. "I need you to help calm Xavier down before he kills someone."

We got up to a small jog as we made our way through the palace. "I don't understand."

"You'll see." He stopped us at a large door. He opened it for me.

I walked inside the room to see Xavier growling and his hands balled up into fists. "You are incompetent beyond words." He growled. He had a man on his knees in front of him trying to whimper. "You are not qualified to be an alpha. I should kill you now."