36

I woke up on top of Xavier wrapped in his arms. His breath was slow and steady telling me he was still asleep. I looked up at his sleeping face. His lips were pulled up into a scowl. I leaned up and pecked his lips. His face softened and he opened his eyes. He smiled down at me. "Morning dulce."

I smiled back at him. "What does Dulce mean?"

"It's a term of endearment in Latin." He said brushing back my hair. "It means sweet. I guess the nickname would be sweetheart in America."

"I haven't told you how much I like that nickname have I?" He shook his head. "Well, I really like that nickname."

"I'm glad Dulce."

I sat up to straddle his waist. He put one arm behind his head and his other hand rested on my thigh. I ran my hand through his hair. "Can we just stay in bed today?"

"I wish Dulce but my mother wanted to talk to us about something." I pouted my lips. He rubbed his hand up my thigh. "We can come back upstairs when she's done if you want?"

I nodded. I leaned down to kiss him. He moved his lips against mine pushing his tongue into my mouth. I gently held his face as I rolled my hips against him. He flipped us over. He moved his lips down my neck. He started sucking hard on my neck, his canines grew and ran along my neck. "Xavier." I moaned out.

He ran his hands up my waist. He growled when I moaned out again. I felt his canines shrink. He went back to sucking on the same spot. I felt my underwear dampen. I worked to focus on masking my scent not wanting him to know. He pecked my lips, a smirk on his face. "Go put on some makeup Dulce."

He climbed off of me and helped me up. I went into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror to see some blood. "Xavier!" He walked into the bathroom. "I'm bleeding."

"What?" He pulled me to him and tilted my head to look at my neck. "Shit I'm sorry Dulce. I got a little carried away."

"I mean it doesn't hurt but-"

"May I?" He asked. I nodded. He leaned down and licked along my neck. My breathing shuddered. I turned back around. The blood and scratches were gone. I raised my eyebrow at him. "Mates can heal each other in some ways."

"You didn't think to tell me until now?"

He shrugged. "It never came up." He watched as I applied makeup to cover the hickey. I grabbed his hand and transported us down to the conference room. He pulled me down to sit on his lap. Maggie sat beside Lorenzo next to us and Alice sat with Percival at the head of the table. "Where's Serena?"

"She took Donnie into town." Said Lorenzo. "They'll be back later today."

Xavier nodded. He rested his chin on my shoulder. "What did you want to talk about, mother?"

"Well, we need to talk about yours and Raven's mating ceremony." She said calmly. I stiffened in Xavier's arms. He kissed my shoulder. "I know it is hard to talk about but it does need to happen soon. The viceroys are getting suspicious."

"They're doubting she's my mate?" Growled Xavier. Alice nodded. "They can doubt all they want but we won't mate until Raven is comfortable."

"I don't see what the big deal is." Alice looked at me in surprise. "Isn't it just Xavier biting my neck? That doesn't seem that bad."

"For normal wolves, yes but for royals it's different"

"There's a ceremony you two have to go through." Said Percival. Xavier tightened his grip on me. "Your mating will be consummated in front of the royal family plus Serena's mate, Lorenzo, and miss Maggie."

I laughed. I turned my body to look at Xavier. "You have got to be kidding me." Xavier shook his head. "You want me, no no no you want us to have sex in front of your family and my best friends. Baby, I like sex but not that much."

"Raven I know it is strange but it is the tradition. Human royal families did it as well."

"Yeah, but the royal families did it to prove to each other that the girl was a virgin and to prove that the marriage was consummated." Said Maggie. "Raven is definitely not a virgin." I chuckled. She looked down embarrassed.

Lorenzo kissed her head pulling her up to sit on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her. He whispered something in her ear making her smile. "Well, Alice I don't care that its tradition, I am not about to have sex with Xavier in front of you guys. End of discussion."

I stood up and began to leave. "Dul-"

"I need some time to myself," I whispered. I leaned down and kissed his lips. He sighed but let me go. I walked down to the kitchen. I found the chef. She smiled and bowed her head. "Miss if you aren't busy, could I have some magic lessons?" She nodded her head. She lead me towards an empty part of the kitchen. The two of us sat down cross-legged facing each other.

"You read sign language yes?" She signed.

I nodded. "Yes, I do. But you aren't deaf if I'm correct."

She opened her mouth. She was missing her tongue. I touched her knee. "It is alright. It will be easier for us to mind link." She signed. I nodded. I opened my mind up to her. Now let's begin. Your power is teleportation, but you can do many other things with spells and practice.

"What can you do?"

She waved her hand in front of her face. Now looking back at me was my own face instead of hers. She waved her hand back. I'm an illusionist. I can change the image of things around me.

"How does doing other spells work? Is it actually saying spells or something else?"

It's your mind wanting something done along with hand and body movements. She moved her index finger in a circle. A small tornado formed above her finger. It isn't hard but it does take practice. It will most likely be easy for you, I can feel much power coming from you.

I twirled my finger. An identical small tornado appeared above my finger. She smiled. She closed her fist then opened it back up. A light beam shot out. I did the same and produced the same thing. "Dulce?"

I turned around to see Xavier standing at the entrance of the kitchen. I touched her hand. "Thank you."

She smiled. I stood up and walked over to Xavier. He gently held my hand. He walked us upstairs to the bedroom. We sat down on the couch. "I'm sorry you were put on the spot like that."

"It's alright."

"But it is something we need to talk about." He said softly. I climbed up to straddle his lap. "Dulce I know it's strange to have sex in front of family and your friends but it would only be once."

I chuckled. "Xavier I don't care that it's once. Don't force me to do it."

He touched my cheek. "Dulce I'm not going to force you. I know you don't feel the same yet but," he stopped his sentence. I smiled at him softly. He touched my lips. "I love you, Raven."

"I know."

He kissed my forehead. "Then please think about it. No matter what they may think, you are my mate But to make it official we have to do that."

I stroked his cheek. "I understand and I promise I'll think about it." He nodded. I wrapped my arms around him laying my head on his chest. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" He asked rubbing my back.

"That I can't say it back yet."

He sighed. "When I first met you I believed you loved me right away. I understand now that you need more time to understand your feelings."

"I know I feel something for you," I whispered. "But I don't know if it's love."

"You will eventually." He whispered. I lifted my head up to look at him. Do I love him? I love the way he looks at me, I love it when he calls me Dulce, I love how protective he is, and I love being with him but do I love him?