37

I walked into the throne room. Xavier was speaking to a couple of guards. He rubbed his temple and had his eyebrows pulled together in stress. I walked over to him sitting on his lap. "I need to talk to you."

He wrapped his arm around my waist. "About what?" I looked over at the guards. Xavier waved them off. They bowed their heads before leaving us alone. "So What do you need to talk about Dulce?"

I ran my finger up and down his arm. "So there's this dance competition," I Said slowly. I moved his hand to rest on my upper thigh. He looked at me confused. "I've been invited to compete."

"So What are you asking?"

I lightly kissed his jaw. "Could I go and compete?"

He chuckled. "Of course you can, I don't understand why you felt the need to ask me though."

I interlaced my fingers with his. "Because I think this will be my last competition before- before we make it official."

He looked at me in both surprise and happiness. "Really you're serious?"

I nodded. "I'm not thrilled to have to do it in front of the others but we're meant to spend the rest of our lives together."

He grabbed my face and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss. "I'll have my mother and Lorenzo organize it and plan to have it after your competition."

"Sounds perfect." He smiled at me again and pecked my lips. I groaned and gripped my stomach.

"Dulce are you okay?" He asked. He moved his hand to rest on my stomach. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "I don't know. I've been getting these random pains every once and awhile."

He gently rubbed my stomach. "Have you talk to Artemis?"

I leaned my head on his shoulder. "No, she's been annoying."

"How?"

"She's been telling me she wants to shift. I just blocked her out I couldn't take her whining anymore."

He sighed. "Dulce when was the last time you shifted?"

"I haven't shifted since the first time."

He growled. "Do you know how dangerous that is?" I raised my eyebrow at him. "Of course you don't. Dulce, you need to shift, today."

I wrapped my arms around him. "It hurt," I whispered.

"It only hurts the first time Dulce." He said kissing the top of my head. He picked me up bridal style. "I'll be with you the whole time." I didn't say anything as I let him walk us outside. He set me down on my feet. I looked around. "No one will disturb us so take your time."

I nodded. "Turn around." He turned around as I wanted. I took off my T-shirt and leggings leaving me in my underwear. I took off my bra and underwear. "You promise it won't hurt?"

"I promise Dulce." I took in a few breaths. I imagined myself as a wolf. I heard the sounds of bones cracking as I fell on all fours. I walked around in front of Xavier. He smiled down at me. He squatted down in front of me and pet my head. "Do you feel better Dulce?"

I nodded. Are you going to shift?

He shook his head. "I'm just going to walk with you for now." I started jogging away from him looking back to see him smiling at me. I jumped around and barked. "Having fun Dulce?"

Please shift with me.

He sighed. I went back over to him. I whined and hit his leg with my nose. He pat my head again. "Okay." I turned around as he started to strip. I could hear him chuckle behind me. He walked around to me and licked my cheek. I nuzzled my nose into his neck. I jogged away to let him chase me. When he caught up to me, he had me follow him. He took me to a secluded garden. He shifted back and put on a pair of shorts hidden by a rock. "Shift back."