8

"Please sit," said Ryan. We moved into the office for our talk. Ryan sat down at his desk as Donnie and I sat in the chairs in front of him. Ryan thought it would be a good idea to keep Xavier out of the room. "Umm well, I don't know where to begin."

"Why not just at the beginning?"

He nodded. "Well, what you saw was one of my men. Our family and my work are not what you think. We're werewolves."

Donnie and I looked at each other before we started laughing. "That's not true," I said.

"Xavier said you saw it with your own eyes."

I shook my head. "No. No, I was hallucinating. Xavier, he- he drugged my water or something."

Ryan sighed. "He didn't and you weren't hallucinating." He stood up and started unbuttoning his shirt.

My eyes widened and I turned away. "The fuck you doing dad?"

"I need you to believe me." He said as he took off his shirt. I tucked my head into Donnie's shoulder as my dad took off his sweats. "Just don't freak out okay?"

A second later instead of my dad standing before us was a big grey wolf. Donnie and I slowly looked towards each other with wide eyes and jaws dropped. "Ahhh" we screamed before bolting out of the room.

As we were running towards the front door Xavier and Lorenzo cut us off. "Dulce calm down. Let us explain."

"Get away from us," Donnie said.

"Please just let us go," I said. "We won't tell anyone we swear."

Xavier sighed. He shared a look with Lorenzo making Lorenzo nod. Lorenzo went towards Donnie as Xavier went to me. They both grabbed us not letting us move. I started struggling against him trying to get free as they walked us into the living room. "Raven. I don't want to hurt you. Just let your father and I explain what's going on before you run away."

"No! I just saw my father turn into a fucking werewolf," I screamed.

He rubbed my hip bone roughly, not enough to hurt me, but rough enough to make me almost moan. "Please?" he whispered in my ear. I breathed out an annoyed breath before nodding. He sat down on the couch pulling me onto his lap. His arms were wrapped around my waist holding me to him. "So you don't run off again," he whispered.

My dad walked back downstairs thankfully with his clothes back on. "Raven, would you allow me to talk? Without running away?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, I'll let you talk."

"Like I said we are werewolves. I am the Alpha of my pack. It's like the boss. Packs are like families, not everyone is related in one pack but it is mostly family groups. There are thousands of packs around the world. We live like humans. We have jobs, houses, families. All the packs operate under one pack, the royal family, Xavier's family."

"So you're a prince?" I asked Xavier.

He chuckled. "Not a prince. I'm the Alpha king."

"Naturally," I said. I looked back at my father. "What about my mother?"

"I met your mother at a party. She was going to a different high school than I was at the time. She was beautiful, to say the least, you remind me so much of her. We were both drunk and we had sex."

"Mom said you guys dated in high school," I said.

Ryan shook his head. "No, I never met her before that night. I saw her again a few months later and found out she was pregnant. We talked and we both knew that we shouldn't be together. I told her I would help pay for the baby. She told me I didn't have to but I insisted. I told her she could stay with my family and i'd help raise the baby. She declined, I had my mate and she didn't want to get in between us."

"Does mom know about all this?"

He shook his head. "No, she doesn't. What else do you want to know?"

"Umm if you're a werewolf does that make me one?"

Once again he shook his head. "You would have shifted when you were a child so I believe the gene was either not passed down or is dormant."

I breathed in a breath of relief. "Thank god."

"This is insane," said Donnie.

"I know," I said. "Xavier, can you let me go? I promise i'm not going anywhere."

He nodded his head and released me. I walked into the kitchen with Donnie close behind me. "Rave what are you doing?"

"This is too much," I said. "I need a fucking drink."

"Raven no," he said sternly. "C'mon you've been sober for a year please don't do this."

I scoffed at him. "I just found out my father is a fucking werewolf. I think I fucking deserve a drink." I pulled out a bottle of tequila and a glass. I poured the drink into the glass and slammed it. I felt the familiar burn in my throat as the liquid went down.

Donnie sighed. "Well, your one year chip is down the drain. Pour me one." I did as he asked and grabbed another glass and poured him a drink. I poured me another one and we both drank.

"Raven Donnie you both aren't old enough to be drinking," said Ryan as he walked into the kitchen with Xavier behind him.

"And I could literally fucking care less, "I told him. He nodded and we continued drinking. "So... what the hell is a mate?"

"It's a soulmate. The moon goddess she gives every one of the creatures one. You are destined to find your mate, it will be the person you are with for the rest of your life." said Ryan.

"So Milinda is yours?" I asked. He nodded. "Who's yours?" I asked Xavier.

He looked at my dad and back at me. "You"

"Me?" he nodded. "Okay... well this is a lot to absorb so i'm gonna get drunk."

Donnie raised his glass up in agreement. "Amen to that. I haven't gotten drunk with you in a while."

I chuckled. "Well... this bottle ain't gonna drink itself."

***********************************************************************************************

Good morning everyone! I got 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night and now I get to play 2-3 games today! But enough about me, how is everyone this fine morning? Make sure to vote and comment and check out "The Princess and the Devil" and "Don't Mess With the Queen"!